One of my greatest wishes as a relatively young Mets fan is wanting to have seen Tom Seaver pitch. Sure, I’ve seen the highlight videos and World Series tapes that portrayed his dominance, but it’s still not the same as seeing the best pitcher in Mets’ history actually toe the rubber. However, albeit still very early, we younger Mets fans are seeing firsthand what it was like when Seaver took the mound in the form [...]
Question: What do Doc Gooden, Darryl Strawberry, David Cone, Jesse Orosco, Bobby Ojeda and Ron Swoboda all have in common? Answer: They all played for the Yankees. After these individuals won a special place in our hearts forever, they all wound up playing for that other team, wearing those stupid pin stripes. Doc pitched a no-hitter in 96, a decade after he won a World Series ring with us. In 1999, David Cone pitched only the [...]
No I’m not talking about retiring number 17 for Fernando Tatis and the few weeks he produced for the Mets. Before Tatis there was another player for the Mets who wore 17. From June 15, 1983 to October 1, 1989 he wore 17 proudly for the New York Mets. This player won 5 Gold Gloves while he played 1st base. This player was a team captain. This player was a big reason why the Mets [...]
Ex-Met and Game 6 hero Kevin Mitchell is in trouble with the law once again. And this time he may be spending up to 4 years in jail. On Thursday, a judge in Chula Vista, CA ordered the 48 year old Mitchell to stand trial from an incident at the Bonita Golf Course. In July, Mitchell allegedly punched another golfer in the head repeatedly, nearly causing the man to suffer a concussion. The individual, whose [...]
- Neil S.: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: I hope the players and their families...
- alfred: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: Though looking on the bright side Ike...
- Markcomic1: on Choo Could Be Impact Outfielder For Mets In 2014, But Would Cost A Pick: Choo is a nice player but, Citifield...
- alfred: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: Following team sing 67. Most unwatchable...
- Markcomic1: on Power Prospect Cory Vaughn Is On A Mission: I think the smart thing to do...