Cerrone: Mets and Wright $20 Million Apart
Matt Cerrone of MetsBlog says he’s heard that Sandy Alderson and David Wright are just $20 million dollars apart on a new contract extension.
However, based on what I’m hearing, Wright’s camp is thinking seven years and at least $130 million guaranteed, while the Mets are thinking more like six years and around $110 million. Frankly, that’s close enough to make me confident they’ll eventually find a compromise.
Sounds like Wright and the Mets are getting ready to tie the knot for at least the next seven years counting his 2013 option year, and perhaps even eight years if the Wright camp gets their say.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
60 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/19/2013
MMO Mets Chat
- Djmurphy: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: This guy is a hitting machine. When...
- Djmurphy: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: Trade murph his value has nvr been...
- Fonzie13: on Mateo Had Tommy John Surgery This Week: This sucks. I'm just as high on...
- Russell's Mets: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: Now you're just trolling, Giants won...
- Russell's Mets: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: a 22 year old playing in low...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!