Cerrone: Mets and Wright $20 Million Apart
Matt Cerrone of MetsBlog says he’s heard that Sandy Alderson and David Wright are just $20 million dollars apart on a new contract extension.
However, based on what I’m hearing, Wright’s camp is thinking seven years and at least $130 million guaranteed, while the Mets are thinking more like six years and around $110 million. Frankly, that’s close enough to make me confident they’ll eventually find a compromise.
Sounds like Wright and the Mets are getting ready to tie the knot for at least the next seven years counting his 2013 option year, and perhaps even eight years if the Wright camp gets their say.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
60 Comments + Add Comment
- Jakal: on Examining Sandy’s Off-Season Signings… So Far: I was just pointing out that it's...
- Jason bay: on This Day In Mets Infamy With Rusty: Random Thoughts On Bartolo Colon: Beltran wasn't coming here unless he was...
- Kina: on Words to the Wilpons: We Beg Of You, Sell The Team: You can also upgrade your house and...
- JimmyBX: on It Would Be A Mistake If Lagares Is The Odd Man Out: The best defensive CF on the team...
- tommyb: on It Would Be A Mistake If Lagares Is The Odd Man Out: To continue what many would think a...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!