Sandy Alderson told reporters at Citi Field that while they are still exploring different scenarios on the trade market, they can no longer consider themselves buyers anymore.
Alderson said the change in direction is due to the team’s poor performance since the All-Star Break.
- Mike Kerwick: Mets are no longer buyers, per Sandy, but that doesn’t mean they are sellers either. They are “exploring options.”
- Anthony DiComo: Sandy Alderson sure sounds like a man who’s standing pat (or close to it) at the Trade Deadline.
- Brian Costa: Doesn’t sound like Mets are going to be buyers or sellers at this point. As Alderson said today, a lot has changed in a week.
- Adam Rubin: Sandy Alderson all but suggests he’s not trading players in final year of contract unless there’s some 2012-13 benefit. (Hairston/Byrdak)
- Terry Collins: Are you hosing me? (when told Snooki was in the dugout)
This has been the worst kept secret of the season.