Major League Baseball and Louisville Slugger announced the winners of the 2018 Silver Slugger Awards.
MLB managers and coaches fill in their blank Silver Slugger ballots at the conclusion of the regular season and are not allowed to vote for players on their own team.
The Mets had no winners despite Brandon Nimmo ranking second among National League outfielders with his 149 wRC+ and third with his 149 OPS.
In the National League, the winners went as follows:
- Pitcher: German Marquez (Rockies)
- Catcher: J.T. Realmuto (Marlins)
- First Base: Paul Goldschmidt (Diamondbacks)
- Second Base: Javier Baez (Cubs)
- Third Base: Nolan Arenado (Rockies)
- Shortstop: Trevor Story (Rockies)
- Outfield: Nick Markakis (Braves)
- Outfield: David Peralta (Diamondbacks)
- Outfield: Christian Yelich (Brewers)
Among the winners, six won their first. Yelich won his second while Goldschmidt and Arenado each won their fourth. Everyone else won the award for the first time on Thursday.
In the American League, no one won for the first time. The cast of reoccurring characters included:
- Catcher: Salvador Perez (Royals)
- First Base: Jose Abreu (White Sox)
- Second Base: Jose Altuve (Astros)
- Third Base: Jose Ramirez (Indians)
- Shortstop: Francisco Lindor (Indians)
- Outfield: J.D. Martinez (Red Sox)
- Outfield: Mike Trout (Angels)
- Outfield: Mookie Betts (Red Sox)
- Designated Hitter: J.D. Martinez (Red Sox)
For the first time ever, a player won multiple Silver Sluggers in the same season. JD Martinez won two pieces of hardware as an outfielder, and a designated hitter. Among the winners, Perez, Abreu, Lindor, Rameriez, and Betts all won their second Silver Sluggers. Martinez won his second and third, Altuve took his fifth and Trout captured his sixth.