As much as we all hoped the Mets would contend this season, we all had to know in the back of our minds that it was a long shot. They took us on a fun ride through the first half, but showed what they really were around the all-star break. Now it’s time to turn our attention to the September call-ups and the playoff chases down the stretch. In September the pennant races begin to [...]
With the Mets having dropped 2 of 3 already in their 6-game home stand against AL West foes, the Angels, and with the A’s coming to town tomorrow night, its time for the Mets to step up and just win. The Amazins, haven’t been so amazing this year as the record stands at a sub-par 35-37, while the team has played under .500 ball all season long at home compiling just a 16-19 record at [...]
I grew up in an era when interleague play was a pipe dream, or a gleam in Bud Selig’s eye. But I always loved watching the World Series when a National League team would face off against an American League squad, and I also remember going to the Mayor’s Trophy Game, an exhibition between the Mets and Yankees each year that didn’t amount to much because both teams let their scrubs play. So I was [...]
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Is Collins The Blame For Team’s Poor Performance, Or Is He Just The Patsy?: And Collins is the "ultimate Patsy" because...
- Christopher: on Mets vs Cubs: Davis Not In Lineup As Gee Looks For A Win In Rubber Match: Lagaras! Big hit. Let's go Mets! Wooooohooooo!
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Is Collins The Blame For Team’s Poor Performance, Or Is He Just The Patsy?: Ultimate blame goes on the Bozo's(Wilpons) who...
- Al: on Mets vs Cubs: Davis Not In Lineup As Gee Looks For A Win In Rubber Match: The mets are the Third worst club...
- ill_egl: on Mets vs Cubs: Davis Not In Lineup As Gee Looks For A Win In Rubber Match: These mets are the most boring, low...