If you have a problem with Sandy Alderson, you have a problem with Major League Baseball. The Mets, as of 2010, have been essentially an MLB operation under virtual MLB oversight with Sandy Alderson a de facto appointee. His job, presiding over this financial and organizational overhaul, has one purpose — to facilitate profitability. That is why he was sent to Queens. Bud Selig does not care about Met fans, he doesn’t give a rat’s [...]
The Mets announced they have assigned infield prospects Wilmer Flores and Josh Satin, and right-handed reliever Carlos Torres to minor league camp. That leaves 42 players remaining in major league camp. Catcher Travis d’Arnaud, who was expected to be among today’s cuts, survives to play another day and remains in major league camp. However, he is still expected to start the season at Triple-A Las Vegas. According to the new CBA rules, any prospect on the 40-man roster who becomes [...]
While details about the new CBA are still coming in, it seems one thing is quite apparent about this new deal. It was an exercise in balancing the inequities in the league. It starts off by balancing the AL and NL to have the same number of teams. While this does not appear to have much of an effect on team building it does balance one of the inequities inherent in the interleague play that [...]
- Neil: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: The minor league stats mean very little....
- Ron: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: Potential never won a ball game
- Ron: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: I have oceanfront property to sell you...
- Phil: on It’s Not The Approach That’s The Mets’ Problem, It’s The Execution: "The bias dating back to last year...
- Connor O'Brien: on It’s Not The Approach That’s The Mets’ Problem, It’s The Execution: "And that doesn’t even address the fact...