Susan Slusser of the SF Gate reported this morning on a botched call that resulted in Bob Melvin of the Oakland A’s being tossed kicking and screaming from a game against Cleveland last night for arguing after a home run review didn’t go his way. With two outs in the ninth, Adam Rosales hit a drive to left field that seemed to clearly hit a railing above the edge of the wall tying the game, [...]
Joel Sherman of the New York Post reported today that the managerial “search” is more of a formality: I guess Hale, in particular, has a chance to throw a Hail Mary and get the job. But this is as close to a rigged event as possible with Collins as the favorite and Melvin as a very in-the-competition second choice. If this is in fact the situation, then why is it taking so long to declare [...]
I won’t sugar coat things for you (as if you’ve ever worried about the Coop doing that)…I LOVE Wally Backman. LOVE HIM. When My Summer Family was still in operation, I wrote a piece called “Backman is the Answer. What was the Question?“ This detailed why I was upset that the Mets didn’t at least interview him in 2004, before they went on a comedy of errors hiring Willie Randolph to his muddled firing to [...]
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/19/2013
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Matt Harvey: The Mets’ Number One Badass: Shouldnt elders show respect and not do...
- Markcomic1: on Dominic Smith Thanks Mets Fans, Officially Signs His $2.6 Million Deal: This kid is going to rip through...
- JetsMets13: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: I couldn't disagree with you more. If...
- Metsie: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: First off if we are going to...
- jessep: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: El Sid - Here is something to...