Las Vegas 51s (18-25) 8, New Orleans Baby Cakes (14-28) 2 Box Score
- Brandon Nimmo CF: 3-for-5, 2 Runs, 2B
- Amed Rosario SS: 1-for-5, Run
- Dominic Smith 1B: 2-for-4, Run, RBI, BB
- Xorge Carrillo C: 1-for-4, Run, HR, 3 RBI
Nimmo had his first big game of the season for the 51s. Carrillo put the game out of reach in the eighth with a three-run home run. Travis d’Arnaud made a pinch hitting appearance and flew out. He will catch nine innings in tomorrow’s game.
- LHP Sean Gilmartin (1-1, 5.94 ERA): 5 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- RHP Logan Taylor (0-0, 3.28 ERA): 3 IP, 2 H, 3 BB, 2 K
- LHP Alberto Baldonado (0-1, 7.94 ERA): 1 IP, 2 K
Gilmartin had his best start of the year, going five innings and picking up the win. Baldonado has not given up a run in three of his five appearances at Vegas. Taylor’s ERA continues to drop despite his trouble with walks. He now has 10 in 24.2 IP.
Bowie BaySox (22-20) 4, Binghamton Rumble Ponies (21-15) 3 Box Score
- Kevin Taylor DH: 3-for-4, Run, BB, K
- Cody Decker 1B: 3-for-5, Run, HR, 2 RBI, K
- Kevin Kaczmarski CF: 2-for-5
The Rumble Ponies only managed eight hits in the game. They were trailing 4-1 in the ninth before a Cody Decker home run brought them to within a run. Unfortunately, they were not able to tie the game. Luis Guillorme is hitting .244 in his last 10 games and his OBP on the year has dropped to .357, while his slugging percentage is .345 on the season.
- RHP Corey Oswalt (3-3, 2.18 ERA): 6 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- RHP Cory Burns (0-0, 12.27 ERA): 1 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, K
- RHP Luis Mateo (0-0, 3.86 ERA): 1 IP
Oswalt was a tough luck loser for the Rumble Ponies. He has only allowed two runs his last 18.1 IP. Certainly a promising stretch for the 23 year old.
Dunedin Blue Jays (24-19) 9, St. Lucie Mets (19-24) 3 Box Score
Not much offense for the St. Lucie Mets, who only mustered four hits in this game. Mazeika and Urena’s bats have cooled off a bit but both are still top ten in the league in OPS.
- RHP Joe Shaw (2-4, 5.23 ERA): 4.1 IP, 7 H, 6 ER, 4 BB, 2 K
- RHP Craig Missigman (2-1, 3.63 ERA): 1.2 IP, 3 H, ER, K
- RHP Cameron Griffin (0-2, 7.07 ERA): 2 IP, H, K
- RHP Alex Palsha (1-1, 4.60 ERA): 1 IP, 2 H, ER, K
Shaw’s struggles continue this season. He now has a 1.67 WHIP with a .307 batting average against (BAA). Griffin has only allowed one run the last 4 2/3 IP; A promising sign for the righty who earned a promotion after pitching well in Columbia.
West Virginia Power (20-21) 9, Columbia Fireflies (21-19) 3 Box Score
The bad news in this game was Michael Paez exiting the game due to getting hit by a pitch. Paez is slashing .286/.377/.524 this season with a 152 wRC+. Gimenez is now hitting .270/.343/.365 but only has ten strikeouts in 71 plate appearances and has not struck out his last seven games.
- LHP Jake Simon (1-2, 7.20 ERA): 4 IP, 8 H, 8 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- RHP Adam Atkins (0-0, 0.00 ERA): 2 IP, 2 H, 2 K
- RHP Joseph Zanghi (0-2, 3.60 ERA): 2 IP, 2 H, 4 K
- RHP Darwin Ramos (0-0, 6.35 ERA): 1 IP, 3 H, ER, K
Simon’s first start of the year was not a pretty one. He had two previous relief outings for the Fireflies where he went three innings each. Atkins was at St. Lucie before getting called down to the Fireflies.