Beltran Has A Three Year, $48 Million Offer On The Table

An article by posted on December 3, 2013 0 Comments

carlos beltranFree agent outfielder Carlos Beltran has a three-year, $48 million offer currently in hand, reports ESPN’s Buster Olney.

Most reports have the mystery team as the Seattle Mariners who have been one of Beltran’s most aggressive suitors according to MLBTR.

The Kansas City Royals met with the former Mets All Star today, and are also willing to give Beltran a three year deal.

One team that shouldn’t be discounted is the New York Yankees who just last week said they were making Beltran their number one priority and it’s well known that Beltran has a strong desire to play in New York.

“The Yankees prefer the eight-time All-Star to fellow free-agent outfielders Shin-Soo ChooNelson Cruz and Jacoby Ellsbury, the source said, believing he’s the perfect fit to bolster their lineup. Likewise, Beltran has let it be known to those around him that the Yankees are his top choice.”

Beltran batted .296/.339/.491 with 24 home runs this past season.

Presented By Diehards

About the Author ()

I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction and interact with other passionate Met fans like you. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.