This Day In Mets Infamy With Rusty: A Soundtrack For Last Night’s Mets Loss Edition
Last nights game between the Mets and the Cleveland Indians was stomach churning bad. That first inning pitched by Jon Niese made me wish that Shaun Marcum was still with the team (well not really). All I know is that after viewing last night’s game, I have finally come to terms with the fact that this Mets team, the way it is currently structured, has pretty much no shot to finish the season remotely close to a respectable .500 record. In order for them to finish .500 they would have to go 19-3 the rest of the way which we all know would need a miracle to happen.
So hear area few songs that I think pretty much fittingly describes last night’s game.
1. “Welcome to My Nightmare” by Alice Cooper
2. “Indians” by Anthrax
3. “Run to The Hills” by Iron Maiden
4. “One Bourbon, One Scotch and One Beer” by George Thorogood (because I sure needed it !)
5. “ No More Mr. Niese Guy” also by Alice Cooper
6. “Sleepwalk” by Santo and Johnny (because essentially that’s what this team did last night).
7. “Shot Down In Flames” by AC/DC
8. “Sounds of Silence“ by Simon and Garfunkel
9. “If” by ’70′s Top 40 friendly band, Bread (I have dubbed this the official post game song for Terry Collins)
And lastly at number 10:
“Cleveland Rocks!” by Ian Hunter – well because last night they did !
So do you agree/disagree ? Any songs that you think that I am wrong about or that you think describe last night’s lesson in futility any better ? If so please leave your suggestions in the comments section below.
And with that said….. HERE COMES THE INFAMY !!!!
Mets alumni celebrating a birthday today includes:
Mets coach from ’64-’67 and briefly in ’74, Sheriff Robinson would have been 82 (1921). Robinson also managed the Mets minor league teams, The Quincy Jets in 1963 and the Buffalo Bisons in ’65.
Middle reliever from the ’89 season, Don Aase is 59 (1954). Aase didn’t fare well in his lone season as a Met. He went 1-5 with a 3.94 ERA in 49 appearances that season – But he had one of the best last names in baseball history.
Current Mets closer, Bobby Parnell turns 29 (1984). Hopefully he will be back in prime health next season so that he can anchor a hopefully revamped bullpen.
Mo Vaughn‘s favorite Rap group is The Fat Boys !!!
About the Author: Ed Marcus
Proud lifelong Met fan who has a passing resemblance to Rusty Staub and is a purveyor of Mo Vaughn jokes as well as the writer of "This Day In Mets Infamy". You can follow me on Twitter at @lagranderusty.
11 Comments + Add Comment
- TJ: on Adam Rubin: Current Mets Payroll Projection At $75.4 Million: How about Joe King?
- the mad met: on Adam Rubin: Current Mets Payroll Projection At $75.4 Million: Vin from jersey i think there is...
- Jimmy Broadway: on Don’t Give Up On Ike Davis: So did Mike Baxter, so what's...
- mark: on Don’t Give Up On Ike Davis: I feel we should take a risk...
- mega: on Don’t Give Up On Ike Davis: I live in Binghamton and am a...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!