Mets Minors: Blake Forsythe Leads Offensive Attack In Binghamton Mets Victory
Binghamton Mets 7, Akron Aeros 5
The Binghamton Mets moved to 3-0 on the season after defeating the Akron Aeros again this afternoon at Canal Park. The story of the day is Blake Forsythe, who led the offensive attack going 3 for 4, adding a double, a triple, and three RBI. The B-Mets offense jumped on Aeros starter, Matt Packer, right out of the gate. The offense pounded out thirteen hits, and six B-Mets players had multi-hit games, including Daniel Muno, Alonzo Harris, Darrell Ceciliani, Josh Rodriguez, Cory Vaughn, and of course, Forsythe.
On the mound, Logan Verrett picked up the win and was pitching a masterpiece until the sixth inning. He held the Aeros scoreless through six, only allowing one hit and one walk. However, in the sixth inning you could see some signs that Verrett was tiring. He gave up a deep double to Alex Lavisky, the Aeros’ number nine hitter, which hit off the fence and narrowly missed being a home run. Then, Aeros’ lead off hitter Tyler Holt smashed a wicked line-drive down the third base line which was stabbed by Josh Rodriguez to save a run. Verrett escaped the sixth, but the seventh inning didn’t get any easier. He gave up a hit to the inning’s lead off hitter, Carlos Moncrief, and then a deep home run to right-center field to the second batter of the inning, Jesus Aguilar, which signaled that Verrett’s day may have been over. He then walked the following batter, and then was replaced by John Church.
Verrett pitched an excellent game, and really only made a couple of mistakes the entire game. It was an excellent outing that Verrett will be able to build on. He pitched six complete innings (did not retire an out in the seventh), allowing three runs on four hits, and only walked two batters.
The Binghamton Mets are the only undefeated team in the Eastern League
- Blake Forsythe - 3 for 5, 2B, 3B, 3 RBI
- Alonzo Harris - 2 for 4, 2B, R, BB
- Daniel Muno – 2 for 5, 2B, 2 R, RBI
- Josh Rodriguez – 3 for 5, R, RBI
- Darrell Ceciliani – 2 for 5, 2B, 3B, R
- Cory Vaughn – 2 for 4, 3B, 2 R, RBI, BB
- Logan Verrett – 6 IP, 4 H, 2 BB, 6 K, W
Tyler Pill takes the hill for the B-Mets tomorrow afternoon, as they close out their four game series with the Akron Aeros at Canal Park. The game is slated for a 2:05 PM start.
About the Author: Mitch Petanick
MMO Player Analyst and prospect guru. Still lacing them up and flattening baseballs in the HVNABA. You can check out some more of my personal thoughts regarding Mets' Prospects at my personal blog www.metsprospects.com (but most of my stuff can be found right here on MMO). Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FirstPitchMitch
8 Comments + Add Comment
- Metfan1234: on Winter Meetings: Bullpen Much Improved, But Mets Looking For Late-Inning Reliever: What is the obsession with Beltran? That...
- mr1313: on Winter Meetings: No Thanks On Two Years For Bartolo Colon: These "journalists" just have no clue do...
- Mr. Belvedere: on Winter Meetings: Bullpen Much Improved, But Mets Looking For Late-Inning Reliever: Familia shouldn't even be an option to...
- Mr. Belvedere: on Don’t Give Up On Ike Davis: Giving up on Ike right now would...
- Benny: on Winter Meetings: Bullpen Much Improved, But Mets Looking For Late-Inning Reliever: Axford or Bailey, please...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!