Joe Saunders Expected To Make Decision Soon
After holding out for a three-year deal for most of the winter, it appears that Joe Saunders is close to deciding where he’ll pitch in 2013.
The Mets are reportedly interested in signing the left-hander to replace R.A. Dickey and fill their vacant spot in the starting rotation.
According to Roch Kubatko of MASN Sports, Orioles vice president Dan Duquette said today that Saunders is probably going to make a decision this week.
The Orioles have also shown interest in retaining Saunders, but don’t have a real sense of whether he’ll be back or plans to sign elsewhere.
Saunders is unlikely to get the three-year contract he wants, but will likely sign a one- or two-year deal. The Twins and Padres have also been connected to him besides the O’s and Mets.
Saunders, 31, posted a 4.07 ERA and 112/39 K/BB ratio over 174 2/3 innings last season with the Diamondbacks and Orioles. He owns a 4.15 ERA over eight seasons in the majors.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
17 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/18/2013
- Russell Zanca: on The Future Is Here: Six Scoreless In Wheeler’s MLB Debut: HK, The CORE salutes you!!!
- Henry Krinkle: on The Future Is Here: Six Scoreless In Wheeler’s MLB Debut: Funny how none of the "CORE" are...
- Russell Zanca: on Mets Super Tuesday Preview: Harvey and Wheeler Headline Today’s Double-Dip: Congrats, David! Fifteen hundred hits...as a Met!!! We're all...
- Metsie: on Mets Super Tuesday Preview: Harvey and Wheeler Headline Today’s Double-Dip: Your right Chicago most are not worth...
- Russell Zanca: on The Future Is Here: Six Scoreless In Wheeler’s MLB Debut: Tom Seaver meet Nolan Ryan!!!
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!