Twins Sign Mike Pelfrey
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that the Twins have agreed to a one-year deal with right-hander Mike Pelfrey worth $4 million with the chance to earn $1.5 million more in incentives.
So much for that theory…
Pelfrey, 28, went 50-54 with a 4.36 ERA in parts of seven seasons with the Mets, but missed most of 2012 after undergoing Tommy John surgery in April. He is reportedly throwing well and is expected to be ready for the start of the 2013 season.
In 2012, Pelfrey looked like he finally figured things out putting up just a 2.29 ERA in 19 2/3 innings before he was shelved for the season.
About the Author: Joe DeCaro
I'm a lifelong Mets fan who loves writing and talking about the Amazins' 24/7. From the Miracle in 1969 to the magic of 1986, and even the near misses in '73 and '00, I've experienced it all - the highs and the lows. I started Mets Merized Online in 2005 to feed my addiction. Follow me on Twitter @metsmerized.
84 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/19/2013
- Metsie: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: No Jessup it's not Anti Scout...SCOUTS are...
- El Sid: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: He'll make Duda look good in left...
- Jason bay: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: Flores in a 1B platoon with Duda...
- El Sid: on Mateo Had Tommy John Surgery This Week: This hurts. Mateo has a really good...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: In all honesty its probably a good...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!