Cerrone: Dickey Looking For A Five-Year Deal
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Mets have very little interest in signing R.A. Dickey to a contract extension and instead confirms what Joel Sherman had reported earlier which is that the Mets are actively discussing trading him with several other teams at the GM Meetings.
Also, Matt Cerrone of MetsBlog is reporting that his insiders at the GM Meetings tell him “Dickey will want four years, and probably $60 million after 2013, but the Mets are thinking more like two years and $30 million.” Cerrone also says his insiders say that Dickey’s agents are looking for a five-year deal.
Yesterday, Dickey sounded happy with contract talks, but now it sounds like there’s a chasm between what the Mets think his value is compared to what the Dickey camp believes.
That MetsBlog report of a five-year deal sounds very far-fetched to me and unrealistic. If there’s any truth to that, the Mets will have no choice but to trade him.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
44 Comments + Add Comment
- Ojeda's Perm: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: "A team source." "A high ranking club official" This...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Mets Have Opportunity To Soar To New Heights: LOL! You know for a FACT he...
- Metsie: on The 2013 Mets Are Suffering From A Lack Of Accountability: Quite a few and none of them...
- Metsie: on The 2013 Mets Are Suffering From A Lack Of Accountability: They also know if they have a...
- Metsie: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: With a team juiced up on Roids...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!