Arbitration Projections Total $8.5 Million For Davis, Murphy, Parnell, Thole
MLB Trade Rumors reviewed the Mets nine arbitration eligible players:and projected what they could earn this offseason at the bargaining table:
- Daniel Murphy – $3MM
- Bobby Parnell – $1.5MM
- Josh Thole – $1.2MM
- Rob Johnson – $600K
- Ike Davis – $2.8MM
- Fred Lewis – $500K
- Manny Acosta – $1.1MM
- Andres Torres – $3.2MM
- Mike Pelfrey – $5.7MM
Ike Davis and Josh Thole became arbitration eligible one year earlier than usual because they earned Super Two Player status.
Aside from Thole, Davis, Daniel Murphy and Bobby Parnell, it’s a nearly a certainty that the others will be non-tendered and that includes Mike Pelfrey and Andres Torres.
Under the rules of the new CBA any player tendered cannot be offered less than 80% of what he earned in the prior season.
Davis and Murphy will get the most significant raises and using the above projections, it will cost the Mets $8.5 million dollars to keep both of them plus Parnell and Thole. That’s about $6.5 million more than what those players earned in 2012.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
15 Comments + Add Comment
- Padilla: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: At least all those teams you are...
- Fonzie13: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: Hey Des! Long time no see, welcome...
- Des: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: Unfortunately for Jordany, he's had problems on...
- Satish Ram: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: Hey Neil, You'd be surprised how many players...
- Neil S.: on Mets Offense Comes Up Empty In 4-0 Loss To Reds: I hope the players and their families...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!