Who’s Hot, Who’s Not — Upper Minors: Of Course Wilmer Flores Is Still Raking!
Welcome to Who’s Hot Who’s Not, where every Tuesday, we take a look at the hottest and coldest players from the upper minors (St. Lucie, Binghamton, Buffalo).
- Wilmer Flores INF, Binghamton- Flores is just on fire right now. After earning himself an “Honorable Mention” on last week’s list, Flores has picked it up even more. Over his last ten, he is batting .447 with three home runs. During that span, he has driven in six runs and has a .500 on-base percentage.
- Darin Gorski SP, Binghamton-After a breakout year with St. Lucie last year, Gorski is doing it once again, this time with Binghamton. He has been having a very good season overall, but his last few starts have been stellar. Over his last three games (21.2 IP) he has a 1.66 ERA and has struck out 25 batters.
- Cesar Puello RF, St. Lucie- Puello has missed major time in his second season in the Florida State League, but seems to be finishing his year strong. He is hitting .355 over his last ten games to go along with a home run and four stolen bases.
Honorable Mention: Logan Verrett SP, St. Lucie- Verrett was stellar in his 11 starts with Savannah, earning himself a promotion to High-A St. Lucie. Since then, he has been even more impressive. He has a 2.27 ERA in 31.2 innings since getting the call. In his last start against Jupiter, he gave up just one run on three hits over seven innings.
- Lucas May C, Buffalo- May has had a rough season overall with Buffalo. The power hasn’t been there this season, and this latest stretch has been particularly rough for Lucas. He is batting .138 over his last ten games with a .158 on-base percentage.
- Jefry Marte 3B, Binghamton- Marte was on last week’s list and has continued to struggle, putting him on it once again. Marte is hitting just .189 over his last ten games and .183 overall in the month of August. He is now hitting .253 on the season.
- Travis Taijeron OF, St. Lucie- After having a fantastic first half for Savannah, hitting 12 home runs in 64 games and showing patience at the plate, Taijeron has had a tough time adjusting to the very tough Florida State League. Taijeron is hitting .182 over his last ten games and has struck out 14 times in 33 at-bats.
About the Author: Connor O'Brien
I am a very young, but passionate Mets fan who has blogged about the Mets for three years. I hope you all enjoy the unique perspective that a fan like me can bring to the table. More about me... favorite Met- Johan Santana... favorite food- Citi Field burgers and hot dogs!... favorite musician- Mos Def... favorite Mets moment- the no-hitter of course, but I also attended Game 1 of the 2006 NLDS as well as Johan's three-hit shutout in late September 2008. Follow me on Twitter @UpAlongFirst
16 Comments + Add Comment
- TJ: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: TL, Agreed. This is career threatening for...
- Connor O'Brien: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: Don't see it as seber vs traditional...
- TJ: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: Sylow, Yes, you are 100% correct. Everyone...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: I think the equal sign(=) on their...
- Connor O'Brien: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: "Did you notice that after Manny Ramirez,...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!