Melky Cabrera Suspended 50 Games For PEDs
San Francisco Giants OF Melky Cabrera has been suspended 50 games without pay after testing positive for testosterone, Major League Baseball announced.
Cabrera, whose breakout season with the San Francisco Giants was highlighted by his MVP performance in the All-Star Game, will miss the remainder of the season plus five more games.
Cabrera, a 27-year-old outfielder, has produced a major league-leading 159 hits this season, along with 11 home runs and 69 RBI.
Acquired by the Giants in the off-season from the Kansas City Royals, Cabrera was on his way to a career year prior to being eligible for free agency this winter.
His loss will be a devastating one for the Giants, who will try to maintain their position atop the NL West without their most productive player this season.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
19 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/19/2013
- Ball_Four: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: PLEASE, do not mention this kid coming...
- El Sid: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: Baseball is about pitching. Alderson has put...
- Ball_Four: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: I wonder what would happen if Wheeler...
- Alex68: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: From chipper jones: Boy I'm glad I...
- Teddy Klein: on Last Night We Saw A Big Chunk Of “The Plan”: As one of the writers on Metsminors.net...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!