Hamels Scratched, Phillies Prospect Tyler Cloyd To Make MLB Debut Against Mets
Cole Hamels has been scratched from Wednesday night’s start against the Mets because of a stomach ailment, according to MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki.
Phillies pitching prospect Tyler Cloyd will be called up from Triple-A Lehigh Valley to make tonight’s start against Matt Harvey and the Mets.
Yes, it’s finally happening.
Phillies fans have been asking for weeks when Cloyd, an 18th-round pick of the Phillies in the 2008 Draft, would make his debut. Clearly, the Phillies were not in a rush to promote him. But with Hamels dealing with a stomach illness and Cloyd already scheduled to pitch on Wednesday for Triple-A Lehigh Valley, it became an easy solution to promote Cloyd.
The right-hander is 12-1 with a 2.35 ERA in 22 starts this season with Lehigh Valley, and 15-1 overall in the Minor Leagues this season.
Cloyd was recently named the International League’s pitcher of the month.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
4 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/19/2013
- Fonzie13: on Our Savior Has Arrived!: Don't forget Jeff Readon, Doobs. Reardon wasn't...
- Jay: on Valdespin Would Have Fit Right In With The 1986 Mets: thank you for you displaying your mathematical...
- Alex68: on Juan Lagares Belts First MLB Homer In Mets 4-3 Comeback Win: Huh, good to see we won.... Ok...
- DrDooby: on Juan Lagares Belts First MLB Homer In Mets 4-3 Comeback Win: If Gee keeps running out of gas...
- DrDooby: on Our Savior Has Arrived!: But wasn´t Izzy exactly one of those...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!