- IKE DAVIS: Singled in the second inning yesterday to extend his hitting streak to a season-high eight games. Davis is hitting .478 (11-23) during the span…The streak is the second longest of Davis’ career and trails only an 11-game run last season from April 17-April 29. He is tied for second in the NL and tied for fifth in the majors with 12 walks this month.
- LUCAS DUDA: Singled in the sixth inning on Sunday. Duda has reached base safely in a career-high 20 straight games, dating back to May 27.
- R.A. DICKEY: Dickey had his franchise record 32.2 scoreless inning streak snapped in the ninth inning on June 13 at Tampa Bay with an unearned run. Jerry Koosman held the old mark at 31.2 innings in 1973. The streak was the longest since Atlanta’s Craig Kimbrel went 37.2 scoreless innings from June 14-September 8, 2011 and the longest by a starting pitcher since the Phillies’ Cliff Lee had a 34.0-inning scoreless streak from June 11-July 3, 2011. Dickey has not allowed an earned run in any of his last four starts, while pitching at least 7.0 innings and striking out eight or more batters in each game. Since the mound was lowered in 1969, the only other pitcher to have a four-game streak like that was Pedro Martinez in 2002. Dickey ranks fourth in the National League with a 2.20 ERA.
- DAVID WRIGHT: David Wright is one home run shy of tying Howard Johnson for third place on the club’s all-time home run list with 192. Wright is second in the majors with a .458 on-base percentage and is fourth in the majors with a .355 batting average. Wright is tied for sixth in the majors with 43 walks.
- MORE ON DICKEY: In his last 10 starts dating to April 25, Dickey is 8-0 with a 1.36 ERA (11 earned runs/72.2 innings pitched)…Has a quality start in all 10 turns…Among all MLB starters during that time, Dickey ranks first in wins (eight), first in innings pitched (72.2), first in ERA (1.36), and third in opponents batting average (.176).
Share the post "Mets Notes: Ike Davis Heating Up, Duda Streaking, Dickey Domination, Wright One Away From HoJo"