- The Mets are the only team that have a winning record in the majors and have EVERY minor league affiliate over .500. Buffalo (AAA) is 14-10 and in second place in the North Division in the International League. Binghamton (AA) is 12-11 and in third place in the Eastern League’s Eastern Division. St. Lucie (A) has the best record in the Florida State League at 20-4. Savannah (A) is in third place in the South Atlantic League’s Southern Division with a 14-11 mark. Overall, the Mets minor league affiliates are 60-36 (.625), the best mark in the majors.
- The St. Lucie Mets have the best record in professional baseball this season at 20-4 (.833)…Fresno, the Triple-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants is second (19-6, .760). Third baseman Wilmer Flores is second in the Florida State League with 20 RBI and outfielder Cory Vaughn leads the league with six home runs. LHP Chase Huchingson is tied for the FSL lead with four wins and ranks fourth in the league with a 1.32 ERA. RHP Adrian Rosario is tied for second in the league with five saves.
- The Mets have the lowest minor league ERA among all major league teams at 2.89 (274 earned runs/852.2 innings). In addition, Met minor leaguers have the lowest batting average against (.234) and lowest on-base percentage (.307). The Mets have also scored the fourth most runs (4.72) per game.
- D.J. Carrasco made his second consecutive rehabilitation appearance last night for St. Lucie (A) tossing a scoreless inning with two strikeouts vs. Jupiter in Florida State League action. Carrasco has pitched 6.0 shutout innings, allowing one hit, with one walk and four strikeouts.
- Shortstop T.J. Rivera was named the South Atlantic League Player of the Week for the week of April 23-29. Rivera hit .429 (12-28) with one double, three home runs, 11 RBI and five runs scored in six games. Overall, Rivera is batting .389 with four home runs and 16 RBI in 24 games.
- The Buffalo Bisons are tied with Pawtucket for the most home runs in the IL (30). The club is also 2nd in team average (.281) and third in team ERA (3.04). Infielder Bobby Scales leads the International League in average by 25 points (.413) and on-base percentage by 60 points (.522). Valentino Pascucci is tied for sixth in the league with 18 RBI.
- Binghamton Mets third baseman Jefry Marte has collected at least one hit in all but two of his games in a B-Mets uniform. He has reached safely in 18 of his 19 games. He is currently working on a seven-game hitting streak. His 10-game hitting streak earlier in the season is the second-longest in the Eastern League.
- St. Lucie’s bullpen features left-hander Adam Kolarek who has yet to allow a run this season. His scoreless innings streak is now up to 13 and the league is batting only .196 against him. His 20:1 K/BB is off the charts.
- Single Game Tickets for the Brooklyn Cyclones’ 2012 season will go on sale Sunday, May 6th at 10:00 AM. Fans can purchase their tickets online at the all-new BrooklynCyclones.com, by phone at 718-507-TIXX, or in person at the MCU Park box office.
Share the post "St. Lucie Mets Have The Best Record In Professional Baseball"