Ike Davis Is “Ready To Play”
Some good news from Anthony Rieber of Newsday:
Ike Davis said Tuesday he is “good to go” for spring training after more than two months of hard rehab on the freakish left ankle injury that cost him most of the 2011 season.
“I’m there now,” he said after a two-hour workout at Fischer SportsPhysical Therapy and Conditioning near his Phoenix-area home. “Right now it’s not, ‘I wonder if I can play.’ It’s ‘I’m ready to play.’ ”
“In my mind, it’s really in the past,” Davis said. “Now I’m set up for the season and playing good baseball.”
Davis was on the verge of a huge campaign in 2012 before his unfortunate collision with third baseman David Wright. He was hitting .302 with a team-leading seven home runs and 25 RBIs in 36 games before the injury.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
13 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/17/2013
- Dave In Spain: on Mookie On Valdespin: Give The Kid A Chance, He’s A Very Spirited Kid…: 1. I have no problem with personality...
- DrDooby: on D’Arnaud To Remain In Boot Camp For Two More Weeks: The way it looks, d´Arnaud is...
- DrDooby: on Injury Update: Wheeler To Rejoin Las Vegas Rotation Next Wednesday: In terms of young talent, Sandy essentially...
- Matt Este: on D’Arnaud To Remain In Boot Camp For Two More Weeks: MATT HARVEY IS GOD !!!
- Matt Este: on D’Arnaud To Remain In Boot Camp For Two More Weeks: Promote PLAWECKI !! This kid is not...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!