Ike Davis Is “Ready To Play”
Some good news from Anthony Rieber of Newsday:
Ike Davis said Tuesday he is “good to go” for spring training after more than two months of hard rehab on the freakish left ankle injury that cost him most of the 2011 season.
“I’m there now,” he said after a two-hour workout at Fischer SportsPhysical Therapy and Conditioning near his Phoenix-area home. “Right now it’s not, ‘I wonder if I can play.’ It’s ‘I’m ready to play.’ ”
“In my mind, it’s really in the past,” Davis said. “Now I’m set up for the season and playing good baseball.”
Davis was on the verge of a huge campaign in 2012 before his unfortunate collision with third baseman David Wright. He was hitting .302 with a team-leading seven home runs and 25 RBIs in 36 games before the injury.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
13 Comments + Add Comment
- Dave: on Are The Mets Moving Back Into The Steak Section?: Agreed!!
- Martin: on HoJo Says Ike Is Still A 30 Homer Guy: Stop saying the goal is walks. It...
- Martin: on HoJo Says Ike Is Still A 30 Homer Guy: Correct. Sandy stated is about obp. The...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Despite Stark Differences Between Yankees and Mets, Alderson Needs To Save Face: Excellent point
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Despite Stark Differences Between Yankees and Mets, Alderson Needs To Save Face: Youre being foolish C Brian McCann 1B Mark Teixeira 2B...
MMO Chat: Lets Talk Mets Baseball!
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!