Chris Young Has Swelling In Back Of Shoulder, Possibly Out Longer Than Minimum DL Stay
Chris Young who was scratched from his scheduled start yesterday after stiffness in the back of his right shoulder, has been placed on the disabled list for the second time this season.
Young said that the tightness started last Tuesday and hasn’t gotten better as the week went on. He also said the injury is not like last season’s injury when he could not even pick up a ball.
After today’s game, Sandy Alderson spoke with reporters at length to update the situation which is definitely not looking good.
Results of Chris Young‘s MRI were read by one doctor who said Young had swelling in an area in the back of his shoulder. Two more doctors will be reading the MRI tomorrow for a more extensive diagnoses.
Alderson also said that it wasn’t clear if this is a new injury or complications from his previous injury last year. He also warned that he doesn’t expect Young to be activated when he is eligible in ten or so days.
Obviously, this means that Dillon Gee will remain in the rotation for now.
This is Young’s seventh trip to the DL in five years!
About the Author: Rob Johnson
3 Comments + Add Comment
- mailman: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: The mets not as smart as you...
- Dave In Spain: on Wheeler Pitches Five Innings, Shakes Off Some Rust: Interesting observations. It´ll be interesting to see...
- Al: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: He should just go away
- Metsie: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: If the answer to every player's struggles...
- Hotstreak: on Mets Need More Time To Get Better Understanding Of Ike Davis?: Its no longer a rescue its now...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!