Jeff Francis Agrees To Deal With The Royals
According to ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick via Twitter, the Kansas City Royals have signed free agent starter Jeff Francis to a one-year deal.
The deal is pending a physical.
With the left-hander now off the table, it leaves Chris Young as the top remaining option in the Mets’ price range according to Adam Rubin.
Other likely options for the Mets might include Dave Bush and Jeremy Bonderman.
The Mets are still looking to sign a starting pitcher according to comments made by Sandy Alderson on Tuesday, but are unwilling to pay more than $1.5 million dollars in base salary.
Yesterday, it was reported that Chris Young was very close to making a decision and that besides the Mets, 4-5 other teams are very interested with the Washington Nationals considered to be strong favorites.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
105 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/18/2013
- StearnsDude: on Featured Post: If At First You Don’t Succeed, Try Again In The Minors: Demotion is long overdue. Besides being an...
- Joe D: on Our Savior Has Arrived!: It's gotta be the beard, ya gotta...
- Joe D: on Rafael Montero To Make Spot Start For Las Vegas: Trust me on this. CThomp is absolutely...
- CThomp519: on Rafael Montero To Make Spot Start For Las Vegas: U are so wrong about that. ...
- Edward: on Rafael Montero To Make Spot Start For Las Vegas: Funny, I haven't heard any scouts say...
MMO Mets Chat
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!