Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe has a great update on the Hot Stove, including this comment by the Mets’ J.P. Ricciardi who was wowed by the Red Sox in Orlando. (Who wasn’t?)
“I think you have to be in awe,’’ said Mets special assistant J.P. Ricciardi. “Those are the best offensive players out there, and they got both of them. That’s a great lineup. Great team.’’
Pro Rumors recaps the rest of Cafardo’s Hot Stove updates:
– Several teams including the Texas Rangers, Washington Nationals, Milwaukee Brewers, Los Angeles Dodgers, Philadelphia Phillies and Toronto Blue Jays are trying to put together a deal for Zack Greinke.
– Carl Pavano could be a Plan-B option for the Rangers if Lee goes to the Yankees.
– The Rangers have inquired about Matt Garza and James Shields of the Rays.
– Scott Boras is saying there’s a strong market developing for right-handed pitcher Kevin Millwood.
– The White Sox will listen in on offers for Mark Buehrle.
– Cafardo reminds us the Red Sox, Blue Jays and Yankees are still interested in Russell Martin.
– The Diamondbacks, Orioles, Nationals and Padres are looking at free agent first baseman Derrek Lee.
– Nick Johnson is linked to a few teams including the Tampa Bay Rays.
– The Red Sox looked into free agent right-handed pitcher Grant Balfour.
– The Red Sox are waiting to hear if their offer to right-handed pitcher Matt Guerrier is enough.
Hat tip to Met Maniac.