Redding Must Be Joking
After being knocked around yesterday by the Michigan Wolverines, Tim Redding was quoted by the New York Post as saying,
“I showed them last year – that’s why I’m here,” said Redding, who was
10-11 for the Nationals in 2008. “I don’t have anything to prove. I’ve
proved to myself I belong on this stage, with a ballclub of this
caliber, doing the job that I can do.”
Who is he kidding here? Redding only lasted one-third of an inning after giving up five runs. Two long balls were a part of it.
Redding, you pitched for the Washington Nationals. They are the minors of the National League, right next to the Pittsburgh Pirates. Nobody cares about the Nationals in Washington.
A guaranteed major league contract means nothing. You can be traded or released. I suggest you start putting up better performances if you want to be the number five starter for the New York Mets. You have not impressed anyone.
Hopefully Redding can actually get his act together. I understand he is coming off surgery. I’ll give him a little slack. Yet, he still has no right to be talking. When he does something that can prove he belongs in that number five spot, then he can talk. Otherwise, he needs to just shut up already.
Someone tell Tim Redding that in the majors, nothing is guaranteed.
About the Author: Former Writers
- oleosmirf: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Just because they all seem to dislike...
- oleosmirf: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: I watched Flores play 2B in spring...
- Hawk: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Please send Tejada down with Ike.
- Dave Willins: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Enough of TC bungling already. Let's please...
- Heybatter: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Rice will have to......Edgin pitched one inning...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!