Redding Must Be Joking
After being knocked around yesterday by the Michigan Wolverines, Tim Redding was quoted by the New York Post as saying,
“I showed them last year – that’s why I’m here,” said Redding, who was
10-11 for the Nationals in 2008. “I don’t have anything to prove. I’ve
proved to myself I belong on this stage, with a ballclub of this
caliber, doing the job that I can do.”
Who is he kidding here? Redding only lasted one-third of an inning after giving up five runs. Two long balls were a part of it.
Redding, you pitched for the Washington Nationals. They are the minors of the National League, right next to the Pittsburgh Pirates. Nobody cares about the Nationals in Washington.
A guaranteed major league contract means nothing. You can be traded or released. I suggest you start putting up better performances if you want to be the number five starter for the New York Mets. You have not impressed anyone.
Hopefully Redding can actually get his act together. I understand he is coming off surgery. I’ll give him a little slack. Yet, he still has no right to be talking. When he does something that can prove he belongs in that number five spot, then he can talk. Otherwise, he needs to just shut up already.
Someone tell Tim Redding that in the majors, nothing is guaranteed.
About the Author: Former Writers
- TRS86: on Brewers Exec: Mets Want Too Much For Davis, More Interested In Hart: As it has been with Murphy and...
- the mad met: on MMO Fan Shot: Could Kemp Be The Finishing Touch To Powerful Mets Lineup?: @task i would settle just to...
- pburke: on Brewers Exec: Mets Want Too Much For Davis, More Interested In Hart: Joe D - what is your sense...
- Out of Place Mets fan: on Jenrry Mejia To Compete For Spot In Rotation This Spring: He will finish the year in the...
- pburke: on MMO Fan Shot: Could Kemp Be The Finishing Touch To Powerful Mets Lineup?: To get Kemp, Syndergaard or Wheeler is...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!