Winning was Jerry Grote’s bliss. In fact, his most joyous moment on the diamond was captured on film when teammate Jerry Koosman leapt into his arms after the final out of the 1969 World Series. In 1976, Bob Myrick found out the hard way how Grote felt about losing when the Mets rookie pitcher beat his catcher in a game of Backgammon, causing Grote to explode, sending the board and its pieces across the room [...]
Yesterday, several sources around the New York Mets confirmed that injured first basemen Ike Davis has taken the next step in testing his injured ankle. Here’s what Adam Rubin of EspnNewYork reported on Davis: [blackbirdpie id="89474175135260672"] According to SNY’s Kevin Burkhardt this is what he had to say on Davis: [blackbirdpie id="89171076910813184"] And finally, Jon Heyman of Sports Illustrated who pointed it that this work will help the Mets and Davis determine whether season ending [...]
It’s now been a quarter century since Sports Illustrated pulled off one of the most elaborate and memorable pranks in sports. It was 25 years ago on this day, April Fools Day, that the esteemed sports magazine ran a featured story on the Mets latest pitching phenom, Sidd Finch. Finch wasn’t just an ordinary phenom, far from it… More like other worldly… I mean what else do you call a kid who can blaze a 150 [...]
This week, Sports Illustrated magazine has come out with their annual “Where Are They Now” issue. There are two articles in the issue that are so good, I feel the need to comment on them. Article number 1 deals with the most special of all the Met teams, the 1969 World Champions. In the article there is a picture of Tom Seaver and Nolan Ryan wearing Mets jackets (Ryan even has a Met on). Maybe [...]
- ScoreboardSteve: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: In terms of his progression, when do...
- Hotstreak: on Mets Will Need To Overpay To Attract Quality Players, But Will They?: http://i2.listal.com/image/1527248/600full-anne-vyalitsyna.jpg
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Scout Says No Way Flores Can Play Any Position But First Base: LMAO@SRT good one Well played madame, well played...
- Joe D: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. Dual standards can...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Mets and Braves Suspended After Eight Tied 5-5, Will Resume Play Saturday: Only reason I brought up Valdespin was...