Murray Chass claims he knows Mike Piazza used steroids. Wait, before you start mumbling expletives at Chass under your breath, keep reading. The former New York Times reporter is not alone. Joel Sherman, a columnist for the New York Post, also raised suspicion about the Mets former catcher. Both Chass and Sherman covered the Mets in the Piazza era. These guys spent a lot of time with the Mets – and Piazza. Both confirm Mets [...]
The New York Post’s Joel Sherman wrote that the Mets should look to sign catcher Russell Martin if the Yankees decide to let him walk at the end of the season. Sherman said that Martin is already used to playing in New York and that the Mets are “desperate to add power, and Martin’s 21 homers were eighth among catchers in the majors this season.” You can look at Martin’s gritty attitude and intangibles and the [...]
Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away. Now it seems as though they’re here to stay. Oh I believe in yesterday. Suddenly, I’m not half the man I used to be. There’s a shadow hanging over me. Oh yesterday, came suddenly. – The Beatles Omar Minaya has come full circle. His five year tenure is slowly coming to an end, and his five year plan is as distant now as it was in 2004 when [...]
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/19/2013
- ill_egl: on Mets Only Manage Three Runs Behind Marcum, Lose 4-3: * than 38yr old dickey and his...
- Billy: on Mets Only Manage Three Runs Behind Marcum, Lose 4-3: I wouldn't trade the Mets top pitching...
- ill_egl: on Mets Only Manage Three Runs Behind Marcum, Lose 4-3: So let me get this straight... you...
- Billy: on Mets Only Manage Three Runs Behind Marcum, Lose 4-3: D'Araud is a higher rated prospect than...
- ill_egl: on MetsMinors.net Is Here!: Im somewhat of a new reader and...