On January 18, 1985 Tim Leary was quietly traded by the New York Mets to the Kansas City Royals. Leary was selected out of UCLA in the first-round (second overall) by the Mets in the June 1979 Draft. Less than two years later, at age 22, Leary made his major league debut. It lasted seven batters. Life would have been better if no one said the phrase – ever — but it’s too late now. [...]
Last night, at least six times, I heard fans, beat writers and announcers drawing comparisons to Tom Seaver when talking about Matt Harvey. He’s quickly becoming not just a Mets story limited only to the five surrounding boroughs, but a national baseball story as well. A cover on the front of Sports Illustrated or ESPN magazine is not far away. Harvey, 24, had his second consecutive scintillating start in a row on Monday evening, holding the Phillies [...]
If there’s one thing I can say about Mets fans if I were to use Twitter as the barometer, you could slice the entire fan base down the middle and the divisions are quite clear. In the past 12 months, when anyone asked me to describe the state of the Mets fan base, my reply would always be this: So color me surprised when I came across some of the comments made by general manager Sandy Alderson [...]
So now that the Mets have parted ways with both Luis Castillo and Oliver Perez, there are a variety of opinions on how this soap opera has panned out. Should they have stayed on because they were owed a king’s ransom, the Mets would essentially be paying them either way, right? Or does this truly show that the new world order on the Mets front office team has an agenda, one that says, if you [...]
- Metsie: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: Not a one as promising as Gooden...
- Doug: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: He got the top picks through trades:...
- Metsie: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: What does AAA provide than a MLB...
- Jimmy Pernil: on Team Source On Wheeler: “He’s Ready”: lmfao @ Wheeler....
- Metsie: on It’s Not The Approach That’s The Mets’ Problem, It’s The Execution: And no I won't play your little...