The Mets have pretty much raised the white flag on the 2009 season, and if they haven’t, I’d be happy to do it for them. They now have enough players on the DL to field a whole team, but as we are reduced to watching AAA and AA players wear the Blue and Orange, I’m embracing this time. I’m embracing it because now I can do things in August and September without being emotionally attached [...]
You know, I can accept the fact that the injury bug has bitten our Mets hard this season, and that freak accidents have hurt, as has being beaned in the head by opposing pitchers. We’ve learned to accept that we have average to below-average replacements and that the season was basically over before the all-star break. Now we’re biding our time and waiting until next year, and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t [...]
We can beat a dead horse all day long about how bad and disappointing the 2009 Mets have become, and how we’re going to have to endure a few months of meaningless baseball now that all hope for the playoffs is basically lost. So instead of beating the horse, I’m just going to point out a few things I noticed when perusing stats last night (through Sunday’s games)….. The Mets have 53 home runs, worst [...]
For as bad as the Mets have looked at times this season (and I have advocated blowing up the team or just not paying attention to them anymore), it’s almost miraculous that they are not worse than three games under .500 and 6 ½ games out of first place. When you think about the lousy starting pitching we’ve endured at times, the mental mistakes that seem to multiply, the injuries to most of the key [...]
Game Summary The Mets got off to a terrible start, falling behind 3-0 to the Braves after two innings. But somehow, starter John Maine dug deep down and found the edge to stop the bleeding long enough for the Mets to comeback thanks to three 2-run homers and some solid work from the bullpen. The Mets beat the Braves 6-4 and Carlos Beltran seems poised for a huge season in 2009. Mets Pitching John Maine started [...]
- Neil: on So Where Are All Those Moneyball Players?: The media, as usual, doesn't understand the...
- Heybatter: on It’s Not The Approach That’s The Mets’ Problem, It’s The Execution: Wrights a good hitter, but I think...
- Neil: on It’s Not The Approach That’s The Mets’ Problem, It’s The Execution: If Ike Davis was hitting up to...
- Neil: on If Zack Wheeler Is In, Then Who’s Out?: Hefner will be the odd man out....
- B-Met Fan: on It’s Not The Approach That’s The Mets’ Problem, It’s The Execution: Matt, my question has to do with...