There has been much talk and speculation recently about the possible demotion of Ike Davis to the minors. Such discussion is certainly warranted considering Davis’ performance over the first 40 games of the season. The Mets’ struggling first baseman is hitting .156 with four homers and nine RBI. His on-base percentage is an unhealthy .238 and his .259 slugging percentage is lower than what his batting average should be. His 2013 numbers through 40 games [...]
I recently had the pleasure to interview former Met Art Shamsky. For those of you who don’t remember Shamsky was part of the 1969 “Miracle Mets” Be sure to check out his site ArtShamsky.com. Also if you want to read a great book about the 1969 Mets, Jets, & Knicks, Click Here. Will Sommer: What inspired you to write your book “The Magnificent Seasons?” Art Shamsky: Well the book is really about three special teams. [...]
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/19/2013
MMO Mets Chat
- Djmurphy: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: This guy is a hitting machine. When...
- Djmurphy: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: Trade murph his value has nvr been...
- Fonzie13: on Mateo Had Tommy John Surgery This Week: This sucks. I'm just as high on...
- Russell's Mets: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: Now you're just trolling, Giants won...
- Russell's Mets: on Marcum Can’t Find Win Column As Mets Fall To Braves 5-3: a 22 year old playing in low...