Former Met Carlos Beltran is attending the BAT Dinner in New York tonight to receive the Bart Giamatti Award for his charitable work. Here is a video of an interview he did with MLB’s Studio 3 before tonight’s festivities…
- Beltran will be wearing uniform No. 3 which came as a result of a majority vote from his followers on Twitter.
- Beltran called Citi Field and AT&T Park huge parks and said there were balls he hit hard last year that he thought were home uns only to see them caught for an out.
- Beltran is in New York to train and get ready for the season.
- Mike Matheney asked him if he’d be open to playing center field and he said he looks forward to it and that it’s still his best position.
- He is very proud of his years in New York and he enjoyed his time here and has no regrets.
- His decision to go to St. Louis was because of their pitching and the return of Adam Wainwright. He wanted a chance to go to the post season and “no matter how good your lineup is”, he said, “it doesn’t mean anything if you don’t have great pitching.”