Chris Young Opts For Surgery, Out For Season
Mets right-hander Chris Young has opted for surgery to repair a torn anterior capsule in his right shoulder. Young was considering whether to go through a second non-surgical rehabilitation program as he did last year.
Mets assistant general manager John Ricco confirmed today that the scheduled operation is most likely season-ending.
Young signed an incentive-laden one-year deal with the Mets in the winter and will only collect the $1.1 million guaranteed portion of his contract.
He ends his Mets career with a 1.88 ERA which would be the best overall mark for any Mets pitcher who made at least four starts with the team. Young allowed only 12 hits in 24 innings pitched.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
9 Comments + Add Comment
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/18/2013
- Matt Mosher: on The Future Is Here: Six Scoreless In Wheeler’s MLB Debut: LOL...thank you Sandy.
- Matt Mosher: on The Future Is Here: Six Scoreless In Wheeler’s MLB Debut: SANDY BALDERSON SUCKS!!!!!!! SABR GOONERS!!!!
- jessep: on The Future Is Here: Six Scoreless In Wheeler’s MLB Debut: Great day for the future of the...
- jessep: on The Future Is Here: Six Scoreless In Wheeler’s MLB Debut: Henry if you tell me that Montero...
- srt: on The Future Is Here: Six Scoreless In Wheeler’s MLB Debut: Congrats to Zack on his debut and...
Latest From Mets Minors
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!