It was MLB Network who first reported that David Wright was being “scratched” from last night’s match up between Team USA and the Dominican Republic with what they called a “sore back.” After Team USA’s 3-1 loss to the Dominican Republic, Anthony DiComo of Mets.com shed additional light on the situation and reported that Wright began feeling the nagging injury sometime after he reported to Team USA’s camp in Scottsdale, Arizona on March 10, but played through [...]
Updated on March 12 at 11:00 AM Kevin Kernan of the New York Post caught my attention when he tweeted that Joe Torre has found his Derek Jeter in David Wright. He was referring his latest article this morning in which he writes that David Wright has emerged as a true leader for Team USA. No matter how Team USA fares in the World Baseball Classsic, Wright’s performance is good for the Mets and good for [...]
Updated by John Delcos on 3/6 at 9:15 AM Ike Davis was on the WBC reserve list but wasn’t asked when Mark Teixeira was injured. Teammate David Wright was keeping him posted. “I got a text from David,” Davis said. “He said (WBC manager) Joe Torre asked about me. I’m glad they thought of me.” When asked if Wright put in a good word for him, Davis said: “He said he did … but I didn’t make the team.” Davis said he would [...]
- El Sid: on Mets Minors Report 5/24: Lara Promoted, Mejia Strong In Rehab, Tapia Returns From DL: Also, there is a difference between coming...
- El Sid: on Mets Minors Report 5/24: Lara Promoted, Mejia Strong In Rehab, Tapia Returns From DL: What's the rush? You want to win...
- Major Mangu: on MMO Exclusive: A Look Inside The Mets Dominican Complex: LMAO @ Rebuilding !!!
- Angelo: on If Zack Wheeler Is In, Then Who’s Out?: but hey more space for useful advertising...
- Angelo: on If Zack Wheeler Is In, Then Who’s Out?: just roll a dice ...