Forgive the random thoughts here, folks, but I thought it was easier today to touch on a few things rather than elaborate on one thing. The Mets continued their road woes last night with a 3-2 loss to the Braves, and are now 5-13 away from home, and 14-8 at Citi Field. Last year, they were 41-40 at home and 29-52 on the road, so it’s a pattern that has continued. Back in the ’80′s, [...]
A few weeks ago I made post here about legendary Met broadcaster Ralph Kiner. After reading the responses to that post, it was obvious that I had struck a nerve. No matter which team you happen follow, you establish a bond between yourself and the voices covering your team. With that in mind, today’s post is about broadcasters. As Met fans we are very lucky to have what I consider to be the best broadcast [...]
Recently, my colleague Gregg (Gregga) posted a fine piece on Ralph Kiner. In it, he mentioned how Mr. Kiner still provides excellent insight and colorful stories about players past and present, despite being a young man of 86 years of age. Seeing Mr. Kiner on SNY this past Thursday brought back memories of my youth. I remember arguing with my parents after watching a Mets telecast because they wanted to change the channel while I [...]
Those of you were fortunate enough to catch this afternoon’s Met game on SNY were treated with the presence of Mets treasure and Hall of Famer, Ralph Kiner in the broadcast booth. Mr. Kiner joined Ron Darling and Kevin Burkhardt (who was sitting in for Gary Cohen) for an interesting few innings of baseball talk. Early on during the visit, Darling was talking about the importance of Johan Santana keeping his leg stiff in order [...]
As we reach another Father’s Day, let’s take a break from discussing the lack of run support for Johan Santana and the Three Fernandos breakup tour to reflect on a special man in our lives. He is the man who more than likely showed us how to throw our first curveball, took us to our first ballgame and showed us the proper way to order a ballpark hot dog (which I seem to have forgotten [...]
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/16/2013
- Brendan: on Mets Lose A 2-1 Heartbreaker After A Braves Two-Run Blast In The Ninth: The more I see the Mets hitting...
- RKH: on Wilpon Joins Alderson In Painting A Better Tomorrow, But I Need More Than Just Talk: Well this certainly is not good news....
- DrDooby: on Mets Lose A 2-1 Heartbreaker After A Braves Two-Run Blast In The Ninth: If the Mets were contending, then yes...
- DrDooby: on Wilpon Joins Alderson In Painting A Better Tomorrow, But I Need More Than Just Talk: From 1989 where things started to derail...
- Lareplus: on Mets Lose A 2-1 Heartbreaker After A Braves Two-Run Blast In The Ninth: Terry should have brought in Parnell. ....