DOC A Memoir By Dwight Gooden and Ellis Henican In the mid 1980’s no pitcher was more feared and more dominant than the Mets young superstar, Dwight “Doc” Gooden. Gooden arrived in New York in 1984 as a shy nineteen year old from Tampa and became a pitching sensation overnight, Times Square even held an 105 foot mural of Doc on the mound. His first season he was named Rookie of the year; his second, [...]
They are hot, so as Crash Davis said you don’t mess with a streak. This is not a time for the Mets to be making wholesale changes, but there are things they could consider. The Mets don’t have the multitude of power options that say, Ben & Jerry’s has ice cream choices, but Daniel Murphy appears to becoming one. Lately, he has been driving the ball for power; something I always thought he was capable [...]
I was very glad to see Chipper Jones reject the Yankees’ overtures for a comeback. It’s not that I wouldn’t want to see Jones have a change of heart, but not with the Yankees … not with anybody else but the Braves. I’ve always admired players to begin and end it with the same team. That‘s what I want to see for David Wright. It’s one of the things I liked about Cal Ripken, Don Mattingly and Derek Jeter. It’s rare these [...]
“I am not asking for anyone to feel sorry for me. I am only asking that Topps and MLB not compound my punishment by deleting the truth of what I achieved.” “Please believe me, I have suffered very much for what I did, but I need to respond when what I did fair and square in baseball is taken away from me too. That is neither fair nor honest.” There is nitpicking, there is pettiness, [...]
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/18/2013
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Mets Super Tuesday Preview: Harvey and Wheeler Headline Today’s Double-Dip: LOL! Picture that....Wright getting worn out by...
- Russell Zanca: on Mets Super Tuesday Preview: Harvey and Wheeler Headline Today’s Double-Dip: Sorry, but you're dead wrong on the...
- RandomGuy: on Mets Super Tuesday Preview: Harvey and Wheeler Headline Today’s Double-Dip: I think he's getting squeezed a little...
- Met Maniac: on Mets Super Tuesday Preview: Harvey and Wheeler Headline Today’s Double-Dip: Can you please bring the shoutbox back...
- Met Maniac: on Mets Super Tuesday Preview: Harvey and Wheeler Headline Today’s Double-Dip: Dude! He's been so lazy for two...