With the loss in game one of yesterday’s doubleheader with the Miami Marlins, the Mets clinched their 5th straight losing season. This shouldn’t come as a shock since it has happened many times in the past - from the newly minted team of the ’60′s to the “Franchiseless” Mets of the late ’70′s and early ’80′s. Hell even the teams from the Mid ’90s as well as the ’02-’04 seasons were exercises in futility. So I figured […]
The GM is one of the most despised people in New York. People are calling for the manager to be fired. The entire team is neither executing nor playing fundamentally sound baseball. We’re not hitting and fans are now outnumbered by empty seats. The Mets seem destined for a 90+ loss season and avoiding 100 losses will be an accomplishment. The Yankees own the city. Opposing teams are chomping at the bit when they arrive in […]
In the course of the many years I have been a Mets devotee, I have witnessed countless contests between the Amazin’s and their various opponents where the end result was either a victory or loss for the Flushing crew, but nothing much beyond that unless something truly remarkable occurred to mark the game in my memory. Those games, where something truly out of the ordinary happened, have popped up from time to time and by […]
Here’s something I dug up from a couple of years ago that brings us back to the hot stove season of 1975, when the Mets also traded one of the team’s most popular players – a move they would eventually regret. Mike Lloyd does a nice job in the re-telling of what happened back then. Examining Hot Stove history from the Past. December 12th 1975 – The New York Mets trade Rusty Staub and Bill […]
- TRS86: on Alderson Clarifies Earlier Statement On $85 Million Payroll: Actually if there is a comparison it...
- Metsie: on Thoughts On The Improbable Gardner For Murphy Swap: Only thing I will say is too...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on Alderson Clarifies Earlier Statement On $85 Million Payroll: Garrett Jones nickname is ROBOT! Because he moves...
- El Sid: on Latest On Trading Ike Davis And First Base Market: "There seems to be an urgency to...
- Just Some Internet Guy You Dont Know: on Roy Halladay Announces Retirement: All 3 should be in.
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!