I was walking around the mall yesterday with my wife, trying to get her to go into labor with our second child (first son). They say walking is good for kick-starting the labor process at this point, and as we were walking around, I decided to duck into the sports memorabilia store. I was pacing through the store, looking at the autographs of all the great players hanging on the wall, and I came across a beautiful autographed picture of Gary Carter. [...]
Last night was a strange night in major league baseball. If you were like me, you turned to the MLB Network to watch Armando Galarraga throw a 28-out perfect game live. While that is going to be the story taking over a lot of sports talk shows today, it cannot be ignored that Ken Griffey Jr. has decided to retire from Major League Baseball. A few days ago, somebody posted a comment about how they [...]
When the news broke yesterday about Manny Ramirez being suspended for using a banned substance, many expressed surprise and some shock. It was the same when Alex Rodriguez admitted he lied and that he did in fact use steroids. When two big players such as A-Rod and Manny Ramirez get thrust into the performance enhancing drugs controversy, it’s going to become a tabloid-like, National Enquirer-esque sensation. The rumors of PED use had already been tied to both [...]
NL East Standings
Last updated: 06/19/2013
MMO Mets Chat
- Corporal Klegg: on The Future Is Here: Six Scoreless In Wheeler’s MLB Debut: Actually you're the idotic jackass since you...
- Metsie: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: I don't know that I agree with...
- Fonzie13: on The Future Is Here: Six Scoreless In Wheeler’s MLB Debut: The Ghost of Bayonne returns with the...
- gorgeguy: on Cyclones Wear Special Jerseys To Honor Areas Affected By Sandy: Usually the preaching comment is used in...
- Metsie: on Wilmer Flores: It’s Time For Another MLB Debut: Well Leroy if they were TRULY ranked...