Updated by Joe D. at 10:45 PM Jack Leathersich is freaking unbelievable. He just struck out the side tonight in the ninth inning for Binghamton. His last nine outs have all been Ks and he now has 27 strikeouts in his last 12 innings pitched. For the season, Leathersich has 48 strikeouts in 25.1 innings pitched. Back in January I compared him to Billy Wagner in an interview I did with him. He laughed and […]
1. Fire Dave Hudgens – Call it bad luck, poor execution or just a failed approach, whatever Hudgens is doing or trying to do has been a massive failure. There are no success stories in his wake and too many good hitters with promise that have regressed. Every failed season needs a fall guy, and Hudgens fits the bill quite nicely. Remember when Steve Phillips fired Bob Apodaca and how it jolted the Mets and […]
Last Night’s Quick Scores Las Vegas defeated Iowa 9-4. Binghamton beat New Britain, 8-3. St. Lucie dropped Dunedin, 5-3. Savannah lost to Charleston, 4-2. Prospect Pipeline Zack Wheeler was back in action after missing a start due to inflammation of the AC Joint in his throwing shoulder. Wheeler looked a tad rusty from the get-go. He didn’t have great command over his pitches, and in fact, he missed the strike zone wildly a couple of times. […]
You hear it all the time: it isn’t about velocity, it’s about location. And no one exemplifies that old adage more than Logan Verrett. The 22-year-old Texas native was taken in the third round of the 2011 draft and has been impressive at all three minor league stops. Verrett dominated A ball in 2012 in both Savannah and St. Lucie, combining to make 17 starts and finishing with an ERA of 2.70, a WHIP of 0.968, and […]
Last Night’s Quick Scores Las Vegas defeated Omaha, 7-3. Binghamton took down Portland, 6-3. St. Lucie was edged by Bradenton, 5-4. Savannah was one-hit by Augusta, 11-0. Prospect Pipeline Jenrry Mejia made his first “real” rehab start in St. Lucie last night where he lasted three innings. He threw only 61 pitches, and threw 41 of them for strikes, which was a good sign. He allowed five hits and three walks, which led to two […]
Binghamton 7, Akron 3 Many times you can gauge a pitcher’s demeanor, their grit and persistence, when they don’t have their best stuff. That was the case at Binghamton’s NYSEG Stadium for B-Met starter Logan Verrett in the early going of last nights 7-3 victory over Akron. Verrett has been a mainstay of the Binghamton staff so far this spring starting 8 games with a 5-1 record and a 3:15 ERA. A pinpoint command of […]
Binghamton 8, Harrisburg 4 One night after being no-hit, the Binghamton Mets scored eight runs in the first two innings en route to an 8-4, rain-shortened victory over the Harrisburg Senators Friday night at NYSEG Stadium. After Harrisburg scored a run on an Anthony Rendon double in the top half of the first, Binghamton came out swinging against Harrisburg starter Caleb Clay. Darrell Ceciliani led off with a single, and Danny Muno followed with a […]
Last Night’s Quick Scores Las Vegas knocked off Sacramento, 6-2. Binghamton topped Harrisburg, 6-1. St. Lucie nipped Daytona, 1-0. Savannah had their game postponed due to rain. Prospect Pipeline Zack Wheeler had his second solid start in a row yesterday against Sacremento. In six innings pitched, he sacrificed three hits while only waling one. He held Sacremento to no runs. It was a nother step in the right direction for Wheeler, who the Mets could […]
Binghamton 6, Harrisburg 1 The Binghamton Mets launched a season-high three home runs and struck out a season-high fifteen Harrisburg Senators in a 6-1 victory at Metro Bank Park on Sunday afternoon. Binghamton used a ten-hit attack to secure their third series win of the season. B-Met third baseman Josh Rodriguez set the tone early. After Danny Muno worked out his team-leading 21st walk of the season in the first against Harrisburg starter Caleb Clay, […]
- metfanlou: on The Beat Goes On: Reporters Weigh In On Amazins’: Do you know what would be a...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on The Beat Goes On: Reporters Weigh In On Amazins’: Jeru, Here you go............. I think there is financial...
- philipag: on The Beat Goes On: Reporters Weigh In On Amazins’: The problem with this idea that we...
- taskmaster4450: on The Beat Goes On: Reporters Weigh In On Amazins’: Collins must have pictures of Alderson in...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on The Beat Goes On: Reporters Weigh In On Amazins’: What the hell are you talking about. C...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!