We all have them—friends who are overly optimistic, even when things with our Mets look as grim as they possibly can. To put this in perspective, during Game 6 of the ’86 World Series, I was hanging out with a bunch of friends in a bar on Long Island. Among those friends was my buddy Tom from Bayside, and I distinctly remember Tom’s insane optimism through my beer-soaked haze as the season was slipping away. [...]
We can beat a dead horse all day long about how bad and disappointing the 2009 Mets have become, and how we’re going to have to endure a few months of meaningless baseball now that all hope for the playoffs is basically lost. So instead of beating the horse, I’m just going to point out a few things I noticed when perusing stats last night (through Sunday’s games)….. The Mets have 53 home runs, worst [...]
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/19/2013
- rob: on Mets Sign RHP David Aardsma To Minors Deal: Look at the bright side If we ever...
- Metsie: on Keep Daniel Murphy In The Leadoff Spot: No Connor but you do seem to...
- El Sid: on Mets Only Manage Three Runs Behind Marcum, Lose 4-3: Marcum kept them in the game. Not...
- Joey D.: on Sacking Terry Collins Now Would Be Unfair: Hi Paul, Forget about Terry Francona. He...
- B-Met Fan: on Mets Minors Report 5/20: Montero To Vegas, Puello Still Hot, Zapata Drives In Five: Puello is on fire. He got...