It’s amazing to me how some people not only try to play armchair general manager, but how they can make some absolutely idiotic trade proposals. On LoHud.com yesterday, a dude named “80s Joel” proposed that the Mets trade David Wright to the Rays for Evan Longoria.
Here are some statistical achievements and even numbers some Mets players could pass this year (In no Particular Order): Sheffield 500 HR Castillo 1500 G Delgado 1500 RBI Beltran 1000 RBI Reyes 1000 H Delgado 500 2B Delgado 500 HR Wright 200 2B Wright 500 RBI Wright 100 SB Reyes 200 2B Reyes 300 SB Check 213 Miles From Shea!
Ok Mets fans, time for a little fun! MetsMerized Times, New York, Friday, April 3, 2009: After only a few short hours of deliberations, the jury in the most crucial case of it’s kind found New York Mets shortstop, Jose Reyes, guilty of hitting the first Homerun for a Met at the new Citi Field. Transcripts of the trial were made public this morning and we were able to obtain a copy of them. Excerpts [...]
David Wright appeared to wear down toward the end of last season, and after another busy winter, it will be crucial for the All-Star third baseman to keep the demands of his fame in check. With his popularity exploding beyond New York, the Mets’ cover boy must be able to handle the intensifying spotlight. So far I think he has handled his celebrity status quite well. He says and does all the right things, and [...]
- Joe D: on David Wright Believes In “The Plan”: What about Ed Kranepool? Maybe he's willing...
- Connor O'Brien: on Lutz Is The Easy Choice To Replace Davis, But Satin Is The Right Choice: Towers was in charge for 10+ years,...
- Al: on David Wright Believes In “The Plan”: Why don't Sandy make a call to...
- Randall: on David Wright Believes In “The Plan”: He knows it's about young power pitching:...
- rustynail: on Mets Hitting Coach Says Davis Needs To Work Out Slump In Majors: batting coach is a bad joke,anybody else...