It looks like he’s at it again. According to Associated Press, Commissioner Bud Selig is seriously considering adding another round of playoffs to the post-season, possibly as soon as 2011. Can someone please stop this man???? Under his proposal there would be not one but two wildcards from each league. The teams with the 2 best records that did not win a division would face each other in either a best of three round or [...]
I grew up in an era when interleague play was a pipe dream, or a gleam in Bud Selig’s eye. But I always loved watching the World Series when a National League team would face off against an American League squad, and I also remember going to the Mayor’s Trophy Game, an exhibition between the Mets and Yankees each year that didn’t amount to much because both teams let their scrubs play. So I was [...]
Earlier this week, Tom Verducci of Sports Illustrated revealed that Bud Selig has setup a task force of fourteen people whom he refers to as the “special committee for on-field matters”. The purpose of this committee is to review certain areas of concern within the game and make recommendations regarding the implementation of some changes. Among those issues that are being considered is a radical divisional realignment plan. The purpose of the plan is to improve the competitive balance in the game. [...]
Mark McGwire’s admission to steroid and PED use on Monday, has brought some hotly contested issues to the forefront. Some of these debates may never be settled, while others will be decided over time. I have my own opinions on all these issues. Jose Canseco – Mark McGwire was the lead character in the tell-all blockbuster that shockingly revealed the widespread and rampant use of steroids and PED’s in Major League Baseball. Initially, Canseco was labeled [...]
Sources have told Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune that commissioner Bud Selig plans to step down after the 2012 season, when his contract is up. The good news is that we’ll be rid of him in three years. The bad news is we still have to endure him for another three years. Hopefully he won’t foul up the game more than he has already in his Napoleonic reign. Selig was first named as acting commissioner [...]
- MetsWatchman: on Mets Will Need To Overpay To Attract Quality Players, But Will They?: Joe......I totally disagree with you. It...
- Hotstreak: on Mets Will Need To Overpay To Attract Quality Players, But Will They?: As for the WAGS: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/mets/mets_harvey_dating_si_swimsuit_model_N79nkBxV2p49nMnmaQSf5K
- Hotstreak: on Mets Will Need To Overpay To Attract Quality Players, But Will They?: I have good news. The Wilpons...
- Metsie: on It’s Not The Approach That’s The Mets’ Problem, It’s The Execution: No not going to put up Donal?
- Danny R: on Braves vs Mets Preview: Amazins Have Tough Assignment Against Medlen In Opener: Buck leads catchers in hr and rbi Niese...