This past week it was revealed that the one time Mets closer, Frank Francisco, or as I like to call him, “The Human Sloth”, resurfaced in a pair of games for the GCL Mets. To date, he has given up two runs in four games while striking out six. He is rehabbing from what supposed to be minor surgery to clean out debris from his throwing elbow. In addition to the fact that he has yet to […]
Greetings and Salutations my fellow Mets fans. My name is Ed Marcus, but you may know me as either Rustyjr (formerly of the Real Dirty Mets Blog) or @lagranderusty from the twitterverse, and I am honored to say that I am the newest writer here at MMO. First let me thank the guys over at Real Dirty Mets. For the past 5 years I was a contributing writer for that site and it was a very […]
I had the chance to talk to New York Mets left-handed pitching prospect Jack Leathersich last February before he headed to Port St. Lucie for the start of Spring Training. With the news that Jack has been promoted to Triple-A Las Vegas, I thought today would be the perfect time to look back at what me and him talked about during our phone conversation where we both covered a lot of ground. Jack is 2-0 with three saves […]
Last Night’s Quick Scores Las Vegas took down Reno, 7-0. Binghamton was defeated by New Hampshire, 8-7. St. Lucie had their game rained out. Savannah defeated Kannapolis, 6-2. Prospect Pipeline Welcome to June, everybody! One man who really wanted it to stay May forever was Jack Leathersich, who had an absolutely amazing month statistically. I’m sure it did wonders for his confidence, and Joe D. keeps comparing him to Billy Wagner, which is looking more […]
1. Fire Dave Hudgens – Call it bad luck, poor execution or just a failed approach, whatever Hudgens is doing or trying to do has been a massive failure. There are no success stories in his wake and too many good hitters with promise that have regressed. Every failed season needs a fall guy, and Hudgens fits the bill quite nicely. Remember when Steve Phillips fired Bob Apodaca and how it jolted the Mets and […]
On Sunday, Bobby Parnell notched his sixth save of the season, recording the final three outs of the Mets’ 4-3 victory over the Cubs. With the save, Parnell now has 20 in his six-year career with the Mets. Now that may not seem like much, but it does give Parnell a special title. Tell me, my fellow Mets fans. Do you know which homegrown Met has the most saves in team history? That would be […]
While all the talk lately has been about whether or not it’s time to end the Terry Collins era as manager of the Mets, how much of the blame for the team’s poor performance should be equally shared with the architect and general manager, Sandy Alderson? Joel Sherman of the New York Post, pops the question and defends Collins, saying: “It is relatively easy to argue his second-year team had worse talent than his first […]
If Shakespeare were to write a play about the state of the Mets these days, it would probably be titled “Much Ado About Valdespin” as that’s about all anyone has to talk about outside of the largely dismal performance of the team between the lines. Inasmuch as the role young number 1 plays on the team is largely limited to that of utility player/pinch hitter, I wonder if the fuss being kicked up over his […]
I read a solid article entitled “What If Billy Wagner Never Got Hurt?” by Brian Joura of Mets 360. Brian not only contemplates what could have been in the second half of the 2008 season, but also what might have transpired if the Mets signed an outfielder instead of K-Rod later that offseason. We have seen how good Wagner has been this season. If Wagner had not been injured in 2008, the Mets probably have […]
- Lisa P.: on Examining Sandy’s Off-Season Signings… So Far: Love the analysis and I do hope...
- Donal: on Home Plate Collisions, May Be A Thing Of The Past: That is assuming all of the onus...
- Donal: on Home Plate Collisions, May Be A Thing Of The Past: You're the one crying about "pussification". Real...
- Jeru: on MMO Mailbag: What If Mets Find Cash In Stocking?: May I add jessep May 29, 2013 at...
- Verne: on Examining Sandy’s Off-Season Signings… So Far: Where's that second guessing big mouth jason...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!