Edinson Volquez Suspended for PED Use
According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, Reds starting pitcher Edinson Volquez has been suspended 50 games for vilating the MLB policy on PED use.
It is believed Volquez failed the test during spring training. Major League Baseball confirmed the suspension in a press release and said the suspension will take effect April 21.
Volquez was an NL All-Star in 2008, his first year with Cincinnati, and was off to a 4-2 start with a 4.35 ERA for the Reds in 2009 before being shut down with elbow problems. He didn’t pitch after June 1 and underwent Tommy John surgery last August. He is still rehabbing and has not pitched yet this season.
Thankfully, this will end all the ridiculous, mindless and idiotic speculation that has building up since last night in the blogosphere and the airwaves.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- taskmaster4450: on The Beat Goes On: Reporters Weigh In On Amazins’: Oh really, everything breaking right? Okay try this...
- Bob Walsh: on Striking Fool’s Gold With Granderson: Cano, I believe, struck out 85 times...
- oleosmirf: on Collins Not Sure If Parnell Will Be Ready For Spring: Another reason why the Mets should not...
- BadBadLeroyBrown: on The Beat Goes On: Reporters Weigh In On Amazins’: FYI Why did you change your name...
- Bob Walsh: on Striking Fool’s Gold With Granderson: That said, the Mets did strike out...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!