Edinson Volquez Suspended for PED Use
According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, Reds starting pitcher Edinson Volquez has been suspended 50 games for vilating the MLB policy on PED use.
It is believed Volquez failed the test during spring training. Major League Baseball confirmed the suspension in a press release and said the suspension will take effect April 21.
Volquez was an NL All-Star in 2008, his first year with Cincinnati, and was off to a 4-2 start with a 4.35 ERA for the Reds in 2009 before being shut down with elbow problems. He didn’t pitch after June 1 and underwent Tommy John surgery last August. He is still rehabbing and has not pitched yet this season.
Thankfully, this will end all the ridiculous, mindless and idiotic speculation that has building up since last night in the blogosphere and the airwaves.
About the Author: Rob Johnson
- Alex68: on Mets Minors Report 5/24: Lara Promoted, Mejia Strong In Rehab, Tapia Returns From DL: That was my fault... I don't know...
- Major Mangu: on MMO Exclusive: A Look Inside The Mets Dominican Complex: Wagner - Yes LoDuca was cool as all...
- Major Mangu: on Mets Minors Report 5/24: Lara Promoted, Mejia Strong In Rehab, Tapia Returns From DL: that depends on how much pre-hype the...
- Reed: on MMO Exclusive: A Look Inside The Mets Dominican Complex: Dominican Complex? Young talented players having fun...
- Major Mangu: on MMO Exclusive: A Look Inside The Mets Dominican Complex: Here is a short list of some...
Check Out These Great MLB Links!
Mets Autograph Signings
Mets Fan Apparel
Mets Autographed Baseballs
Baseball Card Supplies
For the best seats and lowest MLB ticket prices, go to PurchaseSeats.com. Get your Mets Tickets now and follow them on the road with Yankees Tickets, Phillies Tickets, Nationals Tickets and Braves Tickets!