Game Recap: Vargas’ Struggles Continue in 7-2 Loss to Reds

Jason Vargas was roughed up for the third straight start as the New York Mets (18-16) were defeated by the Cincinnati Reds (9-27) by a score of 7-2 on Tuesday night at the Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati. Pitching Vargas struggled early as he allowed a pair of runs in the first inning. Jose Pereza and Scott Schebler led off the game with back-to-back singles before a Joey Votto hit by...

Read More

DeGrom Threw Simulated Game Tuesday, In Line to Start Sunday

The New York Mets received some good news today regarding starting pitcher Jacob deGrom. After a two-inning, 46-pitch simulated outing, deGrom told Matt Ehalt of The Record, “Feel like I’m good to go.” deGrom left his start last Wednesday after experiencing discomfort in his right elbow. What was originally feared to be a major injury turned out to be simply a hyperextension...

Read More

Mets Trade Matt Harvey To Reds For Catcher Devin Mesoraco

The New York Mets have traded RHP Matt Harvey to the Cincinnati Reds in exchange for catcher Devin Mesoraco and cash, the team announced on Twitter. In corresponding moves, the team placed Todd Frazier on the 10-day disabled list with a left hamstring strain, and to make room on the 40-man roster, they’ve moved Anthony Swarzak to the 60-day disabled list. Mesoraco, 29, is in the last year...

Read More

Todd Frazier Put On 10-Day Disabled List

The New York Mets announced that third baseman Todd Frazier has been placed on the 10-day disabled list with a left hamstring strain. Frazier, 32, has been dealing with the issue for about three weeks, manager Mickey Callaway said. “Frazier felt it last night while running in to field a grounder.” The veteran third baseman is batting .237 for the season with a .357 on-base percentage...

Read More

MMO Game Thread: Mets vs. Reds, 7:10 PM

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 • 7:10 p.m. Great American Ball Park • Cincinnati, OH LHP Jason Vargas (0-2, 16.20) vs. RHP Luis Castillo (1-4, 7.01) SNY• WOR 710 AM • 104.3 WAXQ-FM HD 2 • ESPN 1050 The Mets finally got back in the win column last night! PJ Conlon was excellent the first time through the batting order (hitters were 0-for-8 with a walk) but got hit hard his second time through prompting an...

Read More

Mets Recall Oswalt, Send Conlon to Triple-A

The Mets announced Tuesday that they have recalled right-handed pitcher Corey Oswalt from Triple-A Las Vegas. In a corresponding move, the team has sent down left-hander P.J. Conlon. Oswalt, 24, got a cup of coffee with the Mets last month, getting into one game and tossing 4.2 innings and yielding two runs. Conlon, 24, started Monday night’s game for the Mets and tossed 3.2 innings,...

Read More