Cespedes Has Yet to Resume Baseball Activities

According to Anthony DiComo of MLB.com, Mets outfielder Yoenis Cespedes is still receiving treatment for his strained hip flexor but has yet to resume baseball activity. Cespedes, 32, was placed on the disabled list on May 16 retroactive to May 14, but had been playing through the injury for about a week before that. DiComo adds that PR staffers have said that Cespedes has been unavailable to...

Read More

Mets Minors Recap: Dominic Smith Makes Left Field Debut

Las Vegas (18-27) 9, Sacramento (22-23) 1  Box Score Cody Asche 3B: 2-4, HR, 2B, RBI, BB, .246/.333/.590 Dominic Smith LF: 0-3, RBI, BB, K, .270/.377/.409 Johnny Monell C: 2-4, 2B, RBI, .265/.342/.388 Christian Colon 2B: 1-4, HR, 2 RBI, .188/.188/.375 The 51s offense scored at least a run in each of the first six innings, scoring nine runs total despite only going 2-12 with runners in scoring...

Read More

Morning Briefing: Wheeler Craving Fish Filet

Good morning, Mets fans! Zack Wheeler will face off against Caleb Smith and the rest of the Marlins today. Wheeler has struggled at home this year, allowing 17 runs in 16 innings at Citi Field. The game will air on SNY and 710WOR at 7:10 p.m. Yesterday, Jason Vargas finally had a good start in Mets uniform, pitching five innings of shutout ball. The southpaw finally got his first win 11 years...

Read More

Game Recap: Mets Edge Marlins 2-0 for Fourth Straight Win

The New York Mets (24-19) won their fourth straight game as they defeated the Miami Marlins (17-30) by a score of 2-0 at Citi Field. Pitching Jason Vargas cruised through the first four innings of work before getting into a minor jam in the fifth. After striking out Justin Bour, Vargas walked Cameron Maybin followed by a single from Miguel Rojas. After a coaching visit to the mound, Vargas...

Read More

Mets Showing Interest in Jose Bautista

Mike Puma of the New York Post reports that the Mets have shown interest in Jose Bautista, who was released by the Atlanta Braves yesterday. Bautista had signed a minor-league deal with the Braves in the offseason and played his first game with the Braves on May 4. The 37-year old was the team’s third baseman for most of this month and struggled as he hit .143/.250/.343 with two home runs...

Read More

Mets Outright Jose Lobaton to Las Vegas

After designating him for assignment on Saturday, the Mets have sent catcher Jose Lobaton outright to Triple-A Las Vegas, sources told Mets Merized. Lobaton, 33, served as the team’s starting backstop following injuries to Travis d’Arnaud and Kevin Plawecki, but had been relegated to a limited bench role following the acquisition of Devin Mesoraco from the Cincinnati Reds. In 52...

Read More