Morning Briefing: Mets Split Double Dip with Bravos

Good Morning, Mets fans! Today, the Mets will throw out Steven Matz (2-3, 3.80 ERA) against the Braves. Today is Matz’s 27th birthday. In his first start off the DL, Anibal Sanchez (1-0, 1.29 ERA) will face off against the southpaw. The game will be on at 7:35 p.m. on SNY and 710WOR. Game 1 In a common theme this season, Jacob deGrom threw a gem and the bullpen quickly gave the game up....

Read More

MMO Game Recap: Mets Beat Braves 8-5 In Two-Day Matchup

The New York Mets (26-25) defeated the Atlanta Braves (31-22) by a score of 8-5 Monday night (and Tuesday morning) at SunTrust Park. Offense After a nearly three-hour rain delay, the Mets got things going quickly in the top of the first inning against Brandon McCarthy. After Brandon Nimmo grounded out to open the ballgame, Michael Conforto roped a base hit to right field. Jay Bruce then dropped...

Read More

MMO Game Thread: Mets vs Braves, 7:10 PM (Game 2)

Monday, May 28, 2018 • 7:10 p.m. SunTrust Park • Atlanta, GA LHP P.J. Conlon (0-0, 7.36) vs. RHP Brandon McCarthy (5-2, 4.67) SNY • WOR 710 AM • 104.3 WAXQ-FM HD 2 • ESPN 1050 Rain Delay Update: First pitch has been scheduled for 10:05 PM ET. We will update this article if anything changes. That sucked. You can check out the recap to the first half of today’s double header here, but the...

Read More

MMO Game Recap: DeGrom Start Squandered In 4-3 Walk-Off Loss

The New York Mets (25-25) suffered another defeat at the hands of their bullpen as the Atlanta Braves (31-21) won the first game of the double header by the score of 4-3. The Mets are a mere 5-6 in games Jacob deGrom has started this season despite his NL-best 1.52 ERA. The defeat was the fourth in a row for a team who started off 11-1 and is now at .500 (25-25). The Mets are now five games...

Read More

Callaway: Bautista To Play Third Base In Flores’ Absence

Prior to Monday’s double header against the Braves, the Mets placed Wilmer Flores on the disabled list with a tight lower back. Mets manager Mickey Callaway said that newly acquired Jose Bautista will play a good amount of third base in Wilmer’s absence, Laura Albanese of Newsday reports. Bautista, 37, has been great since being acquired by the Mets. He has gone 4-for-7 with a double...

Read More

Vargas Available out of Pen, Gerson Bautista 26th Man

Prior to today’s double header against the Atlanta Braves, Mickey Callaway said that Jason Vargas would be available out of the bullpen if need-be. Further, the Mets have activated flamethrower Gerson Bautista as the 26th man for today’s proceedings. The 35 year-old Vargas has been bad to say the least so far this season, pitching to a 10.62 ERA and 6.50 FIP in five starts. In 20.1...

Read More