Morning Briefing: DeGrom Closes Out Series Against Reds

Good morning Mets fans! The Mets will finish up their three-game series with the Cincinnati Reds today in a matinee that will start at 12:10 p.m. Jacob deGrom will take the hill for New York against Robert Stephenson. The game can be seen on SNY and heard on WOR. Last night, the Mets lost 6-1 to the Reds in a rain-filled night at Citi Field. Latest Mets News Chris Flexen had knee surgery for a...

Read More

MMO Recap: Reds Rain on Mets Parade In 6-1 Defeat

The Mets (46-65) fell to the Cincinnati Reds (50-64) by a score of 6-1 Tuesday night at Citi Field. The game was delayed by rain for 100 minutes and it put a crimp in New York’s night. Pitching Jason Vargas toed the mound to start the game and only recorded one out. A rain delay that lasted just under two hours kept Vargas from returning to the mound in the top of the first. Paul Sewald...

Read More

Jason Vargas Has Been Considered for the Bullpen

Before Tuesday’s matchup with the Cincinnati Reds, New York Mets manager Mickey Callaway spoke about what kind of internal discussions the organization has had about struggling starter, Jason Vargas. From Tim Britton of The Athletic, Callaway said that “the team has considered the bullpen at some point for Vargas, believing he can have value there if it comes to that.” Although...

Read More

Chris Flexen Has Knee Surgery to Repair Torn Meniscus

According to Betsy Helfand of the Las Vegas Review Journal, Las Vegas 51s manager Tony DeFrancesco has announced that RHP Chris Flexen has undergone knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus. The 24-year old was placed on the seven day disabled list on August 3 with an undisclosed injury. This now marks the second time in the past 18 months that Flexen will be undergoing knee surgery. In four...

Read More

Oswalt Likely To Take Another Turn in Rotation in Place of Matz

According to Anthony Dicomo of MLB.com, it is sounding likely that Corey Oswalt will take another turn in the rotation in place of lefty Steven Matz. The Mets placed Matz on the disabled list last week due to a flexor-pronator strain. Though he is expected to miss another start, Mickey Callaway told reporters Matz is in good shape after recently completing a bullpen session. The team expects...

Read More

Mets Watching How They Use Lugo and Gsellman Moving Forward

Mickey Callaway told reporters this afternoon that the Mets will be watching how they use relievers Seth Lugo and Robert Gsellman the rest of the season. “We are really trying to be mindful of the innings Gsellman and Lugo have at this point, so we’re going to put some rules for ourselves as far as usage of those guys moving forward,” Callaway said. Callaway added that some of the younger guys,...

Read More