The Mets have drafted 72 outfielders in the first 5 rounds (top 100 picks) during the 48 year history of the MLB draft. Of those 72, 18 made it to the majors. Of those 18, six of them enjoyed what can only be described as cups of coffee with a variety of teams. They were, John Gibbons (24th overall 1980), John Christensen (38th overall 1981), Terry Blocker (4th overall 1981), Stan Jefferson (20th overall 1983), Rod Gaspar […]
Somehow, the Miami Marlins are playing worse than they were expected to. As it stands right now, the Martlins are 6-19. That’s a .240 winning percentage, which is even worse than the Astros, who are at .280 this season. On offense, the Marlins are dead last in baseball in runs scored, OPS, and home runs, among other categories. They are scoring only about 2.7 runs per game, and their pitching staff hasn’t been much better. […]
Starting Lineup Ruben Tejada – SS Daniel Murphy – 2B David Wright – 3B John Buck – C Lucas Duda – LF Marlon Byrd – RF Ike Davis – 1B Juan Lagares – CF Jonathon Niese – LHP Game Notes John Buck’s eight April homers tied the club record for a catcher in the month (Mike Piazza in 2001, Todd Hundley in 1996), and are one shy of the team record shared by Carlos Delgado […]
- Dave: on Thoughts On The Improbable Gardner For Murphy Swap: Please stop with all this trading Murphy...
- Just Some Internet Guy You Dont Know: on Thoughts On The Improbable Gardner For Murphy Swap: Can't wait for this stupid and unlikely...
- Brandon Young: on Thoughts On The Improbable Gardner For Murphy Swap: Imagine Murphs #'s in Yankee stadium, with...
- Joey Vito: on Featured Post: Don’t Give Up On Ike Davis: "Davis will be back to his good...
- the mad met: on Alderson Clarifies Earlier Statement On $85 Million Payroll: How about tradeing florez and montero for...
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!