According to this post on Twitter from the Tampa Tribune, the Tampa Bay Rays have designated outfielder Pat Burrell for assignment to make room for Hank Blalock. Burrell was hitting just .202/.292/.333 this year and had fallen out of favor with the organization and the fans. But what is most important to note is that the Rays, a low market revenue team, also bit the bullet on the remaining $9 million dollars of Pat Burell’s salary. Could you […]
ESPN.com’s Jayson Stark is reporting [hat tip to MLB Trade Rumors] that at the winter meetings earlier this month, the New York Mets were involved in a four team trade proposal with The Tampa Bay Rays, Chicago Cubs and Los Angeles Angels. Had the deal of went through here is how things would have panned out: New York Mets Trade: Luis Castillo Tampa Bay Rays Trade: Pat Burrell Chicago Cubs Trade: Milton Bradley Los Angeles […]
Update 11:45 AM I just confirmed that the Mets did not make any deal involving Pat Burrell, but they do have a passing interest. You can all exhale now. Original Post 11:15 AM According to a post on Philly Burbs, the Mets may have acquired Pat Burrell from the Cubs after they acquired him from the Rays. Former Phillies outfielder Pat Burrell has reportedly been swapped twice this morning, eventually landing with Phils division rival the New […]
Luis Castillo for Pat Burrell? Says who? I don’t know who concocted this crazy rumor, but it’s about as nuts as the one that had us going after Milton Bradley. Actually, I’d rather have Bradley than Burrell, at least Bradley can field his position and he still has a potent bat. The only reason the Mets are trading Luis Castillo is not because of his offense (which is still pretty solid), but it’s because of his […]
We can beat a dead horse all day long about how bad and disappointing the 2009 Mets have become, and how we’re going to have to endure a few months of meaningless baseball now that all hope for the playoffs is basically lost. So instead of beating the horse, I’m just going to point out a few things I noticed when perusing stats last night (through Sunday’s games)….. The Mets have 53 home runs, worst […]
- TPT: on Ike Davis Update: Brewers Still Unwilling To Part With Tyler Thornburg: 2009 26 LAA AL 152 622 566 86 173 43 2 34 108 3 7 46 117 .306 .355 .569 .924 139 322 15 2 0 8 10 *3 MVP-5 thats Kendry Morales stats before breaking...
- Hotstreak: on Ike Davis Update: Brewers Still Unwilling To Part With Tyler Thornburg: Remember when DW got off to the...
- jason bay: on Ike Davis Update: Brewers Still Unwilling To Part With Tyler Thornburg: That's how I feel. I don't...
- El Sid: on Ike Davis Update: Brewers Still Unwilling To Part With Tyler Thornburg: Nobody knows how Ike Davis will turn...
- Jakal: on Ike Davis Update: Brewers Still Unwilling To Part With Tyler Thornburg: Ok here's how I remember everything going...
2014 Opening Day
Write For Metsmerized Online
Mets Merized Online is reloading and looking for new writers to help cover the Hot Stove Season. We're also looking for passionate writers who would like to contribute new and original features.
Contact us now at GetMetsmerized@aol.com for more info and join the #1 Mets Fansite on the web!