It has been widely speculated that Nick Swisher will be seeking out a deal similar to Jayson Werth’s seven-year, $126M contract, when he hits free-agency at the end of the 2012 season. I’m no mathematician, but that means Swisher would be making about $18M per year if he gets what he wants. Jason Bay made $18M in 2012, so it strengthens Swisher’s case, but I just don’t see him as a $15M+ per year player. [...]
A recap of today’s hot stove news. According to Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com, the Cubs have traded Aaron Heilman to the Diamondbacks for prospect LHP Scott Maine and 1B Ryne White. Heilman finished 2009 with a 4.11 ERA and 1.41 WHIP in 70 relief appearances. The Cubs may have also found a suitor for outfielder Milton Bradley. Bob Nightengale reported that the Tampa Bay Rays are close to acquiring the problematic, but talented outfielder. [...]
NL East Standings
Last updated: 05/19/2013
- SaltyGary: on Sacking Terry Collins Now Would Be Unfair: If this team had expectations of anything...
- George Bamberger: on Sacking Terry Collins Now Would Be Unfair: I'm not sure why Collins is fighting...
- Joey D.: on Sacking Terry Collins Now Would Be Unfair: Hi Joe, I don't know if it's reflective...
- sarge69: on Featured Post: If At First You Don’t Succeed, Try Again In The Minors: Awesome Kranepool memories, didnt realize how hard...
- Danielle H.: on Sacking Terry Collins Now Would Be Unfair: So the team lost the first 3...